Acura TSX Forum banner

Not an ashtray?????

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Horus 
G
#1 ·
My girlfriend just bought a new silver/blue TSX. It is one nice car! But what is the deal with the red little pocket under cd/navi in the console with the pop up door?? It is red velvet stuff and it says "Not an ashtray". Is this something the dealer was supposed to remove, or is a joke? It sticks out like a sore thumb in her beautiful interior, do all TSX's have this? thanx Clay

#7 ·
Getting a bit back more on topic - doesn't this bother anyone else?!? IMO, it's the only downside to the interior. I think the text would have been enough - no need for the red velvet.

Still, it's not enough to stop me from getting this car. But has anyone done anything to change theirs? I was wondering if this little piece comes out easily. If so, maybe a little black fabic spray paint would do the trick... :)

#8 ·
All my friends laugh at my non-ashtray. I don't smoke in the car, so that compartment is never open, and it doesn't bother me. I like it...it's funny. :) I agree with you about the red, though...don't know why they did that.

#10 ·
my thoughts on that red velvet that says 'not an ash tray' is because acura doesnt wanna encourage people to smoke... maybe, maybe not. i use it as a misc. space

#12 ·
AcuraTSX03 said:
my thoughts on that red velvet that says 'not an ash tray' is because acura doesnt wanna encourage people to smoke... maybe, maybe not. i use it as a misc. space
Aside from that, as already mentioned, it comes without the cigarette lighter. Plus, the manual specifies that none of the power outlets work for "car-type cigarette lighters"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.