Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I ordered my ABP/6MT/Navi TSX about 3.5 months ago...and they called me last week to tell me the car is extremely close, and the ETA is April 18th. Well, here we are the 22nd and no TSX in sight. The sales manager says the shipping information is not an "exact science." I am beginning to think it's a very inaccurate science. They keep pushing my ETA out a day at a time. Did anyone else experience this when you were waiting for a TSX to be delivered to the dealership?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get my ABP TSX-speed in the showroom but if ordered it and had to wait that long I'd ask for a darn discount. I am not familiar with the ordering process but it sounds like the dealership is putting you at the bottom of their priorities which is really wrong for them to do. If you haven't already I would go and complain the issue but then again I am not familiar with the average of how long an order usually takes. But still 3.5 month's is a pretty long time. Master 47 I can only imagine your frustration but hang in there, the tsx experience will make it all worth the wait!! Hope you get it soon. PEACE

·
Registered
122 Posts
My experience from ordering was this:

Last week of February I put in my order for my TSX(dealer told me they were order a month ahead, so I was ordering for the April build), and they told me that it would probably take 8-12 weeks based on when its built in April + 4 weeks for delivery. They called me this week telling me the car was built and would be here in 3-4 weeks, so I guess its around the same amount of time elapsed by the time I get my car?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told March 25th it was ready to be shipped (4 weeks ago). What I think they must be doing in batching some inventory to send on a full truck-load as opposed to last Monday delivering it as the only car going to this dealership. It's not an high-volume type of place, which is screwing me a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also ordered my CG 6MT near the end of February. It got built 3/18 and had an original ETA of 4/12 but got pushed back about a week. It arrived at the dealership 4/18. So, in general, it looks like 3-4 weeks after the build date is pretty common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts