Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.

Well, it had to happen. My gorgeous 2004 TSX is not so new anymore...

We had about five people in our driveway, and I had to go around them, so I went straight from the grass onto the street. I came from an Explorer... oh my LORD. Bad idea. You cannot see it, but I totally scraped the underside of my car, and now there is a tiny, visible chip in the center of the car where the satin silver metallic paint begins.

I'm depressed! :(

Today, I parked the car and got out, and as I was coming around, I noticed a chip about the size of a pin head on the hood. Should've bought the mask, I suppose. :D

This is the eighth week of my ownership experience, and I hit 3200 miles today. Is that excessive? :)

Anyway, comments on how your TSXs are fairing as they're exposed to the brutal world of dirty, ill-conceived roads and interstate debris? Suggestions for maintaining mine as best as possible? I'd love to hear!

Josh

·
Registered
333 Posts
acuradude said:
Hey, guys.

Well, it had to happen. My gorgeous 2004 TSX is not so new anymore...

We had about five people in our driveway, and I had to go around them, so I went straight from the grass onto the street. I came from an Explorer... oh my LORD. Bad idea. You cannot see it, but I totally scraped the underside of my car, and now there is a tiny, visible chip in the center of the car where the satin silver metallic paint begins.

I'm depressed! :(

Today, I parked the car and got out, and as I was coming around, I noticed a chip about the size of a pin head on the hood. Should've bought the mask, I suppose. :D

This is the eighth week of my ownership experience, and I hit 3200 miles today. Is that excessive? :)

Anyway, comments on how your TSXs are fairing as they're exposed to the brutal world of dirty, ill-conceived roads and interstate debris? Suggestions for maintaining mine as best as possible? I'd love to hear!

Josh
Sorry to hear about your chip :( I remember when I first bought my Honda Civic a few years ago, after not even 2 weeks some idiotic guy decided that he wouldn't quite stop in time even though I had been sitting at the railroad crossing for like 2 minutes, he came around the corner and broke late and put a little dent in my bumper bar! Although it was smallish he also took some paint off it, well I wasn't too happy with the guy obviously and he thaught I was going to hit him I think, he was all appologetic complaining about a fight he just had with his girlfriend.

Well this was my first blemish on my new car and it never quite felt 'brand new' after that! So I know what you are going through, I look at it this way, you can't stop chips happening, I have a few of them along my bonnet that have flicked up, on the roof, that is just life. Unless you want to keep your car in the garage you can't do much about it ;)

·
a girl with an acura...
31 Posts
boy do i know how you feel! i took my car to circuit city to have my xm install done. my antenna was already in place on the roof (had been using fm mod and ran the antenna between the seats). i told the guy just to hide the antenna inside the car since i had only folded down the backseat to get it inside. for some dumbass reason he thought the antenna should be on the trunk.
so, HE SLID IT ACROSS THE ROOF!!! here's the really shitty part: not only did he not get the install done (claims my SNHOND3 was bad), he scratched my baby!!! AND THEN, he left for the day, before i came back to get it. didn't tell anyone he scratched it. just left it for me to discover down the street when i was pumping gas.
i was enraged at first, but by the time i got through and had made arrangements with the roadshop to have acura fix my paint, i was in tears.
i'm better now, but i know how that feeling hits you when the car you worked so hard to get receives it's first blemish.
:bawling:

then, today, in 2 separate incidents, road debris flew up and hit me, once on the driver's window (tiny, tiny chip) and once on the windshield (again, tiny).
it sucks in general, but more so twice in one morning!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Wow...I completely missed this thread.. Sorry to hear about all of your mishaps...
I had someone in a red car slam their door right above the pass side rear wheel well...righty by the crease there.. But it's hardly noticeable.. I rarely go by the pass side..but for some odd reason I did that day and there was a big red splotch of paint there. Plus I've got tons of rock chips on my hood and fenders too :( :(

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Stone chips are my nightmare. I've had my hood repainted twice by Acura because of defective paint and once by an independent body shop because Acura's guy was no good! The third time, I had to have the hood completely stripped to the metal and fully repainted but Acura would simply apply another coat of paint each time. Consequently, my paint had become too thick and chipped just by looking at it...

·
Orangeblood
136 Posts
I almost got rearended today by a guy in a 7 series BMW. I would have assaulted him I'm pretty sure. He was behind me for several lights/stops and came pretty close each time, not as close as the first, but . . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts