Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I don't know if this is what happens prior to the AC compressor going out or not but I've had this issue for about a week. My S-belt started squealing so I figured my belt was faulty. I replaced the belt and the sound slightly went away, but not completely. I then noticed that when I turn my AC on, the sound completely goes away. I want to assume it's the whole pulley or AC clutch but I don't know what to look for. My AC works fine and I haven't had a problem with it because of this issue...any thoughts? I noticed my belt is slightly off because my arrow doesn't lie within the rectangle so perhaps, and hoping, it's just that? I also don't know how to adjust that, though...:squint:

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Arrow doesn't lie within the rectangle? Maybe I'm having a slow moment, but what do you mean by that?
I think he is talking about the indicator that tells whether the belt's auto-tensioner is within spec or not.

If it's out of range, then the tensioner is bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you believe it's only that or something related to my compressor as well? I'm just kind of confused because the noise goes away once I turn my AC on. And yes, the auto-tensioner...I didn't know what to refer it as...haha

·
-
1,764 Posts
Now, I don't know if this is what happens prior to the AC compressor going out or not but I've had this issue for about a week. My S-belt started squealing so I figured my belt was faulty. I replaced the belt and the sound slightly went away, but not completely. I then noticed that when I turn my AC on, the sound completely goes away. I want to assume it's the whole pulley or AC clutch but I don't know what to look for. My AC works fine and I haven't had a problem with it because of this issue...any thoughts? I noticed my belt is slightly off because my arrow doesn't lie within the rectangle so perhaps, and hoping, it's just that? I also don't know how to adjust that, though...:squint:
Not only should the auto-tension be in the range of the 2 rectangles, it should be on the tight side.
The tension is adjusted by changing belt lengths.

I think your original serpentine belt was worn & your new belt is too long. I recommend to try a shorter belt.
It's not uncommon to purchase several lengths of serpentine belts, trying several on for size & then returning the ones that you don't use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.