Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've got a 04 6MT and it's at close to 90K now. 89.4 to be exact.

I bought it with 77K and im noticing a difference in handling, mostly on rougher roads. Does the TSX just not handle well on less paved roads? My turns also don't feel as good as they did. Nothing crazy, but noticeable. Also, in any wet weather, my VSA light is always coming on in 1st and im not gripping well. I put new Eagle GT tires on at like 80K. I got my struts and such checked out and had a mechanic test drive it and he said it felt fine. I was thinking about buying the A Spec suspension kit but it's 650, not sure if worth it.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,045 Posts
I know you said you got new tires, but maybe the Eagle GT just doesn't grip real well?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree with cYn. If your noticeable change came when you changed tyres, that's probably it.
Different stiffness in sidewalls can make the handling feel very different, as can tread patterns. Your tyre sidewall is an integral and important part of your suspension.

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's difficult to give an opinion on this, could be placebo, could be a number of things. If grip is an issue, I'd check your tires and alignment. If you're noticing more roll, worse turn-in etc., alignment, loose sways/endlinks etc.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hate eagle gt's. For any sidewall size, they tend to be larger than the same size from another brand. They DO have a "rim protector" but it just makes the tire fatter and seemingly less sturdy in the sidewall. In wet weather, they don't have the same amount of siping as other all-season passenger tires but since they are a performance tire and need more rubber on the pavement, wet weather handling is a major trade off

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have someone check your struts to see if they're leaking. My passenger front was shot and I didn't realize it, I had the exact symptoms (wind pushed me around, vsa would come on with wheel slip all the time on even damp roads, wheel hop on dry pavement). New strut took care of everything. I only had 80k when it blew out. Also the struts "felt fine" but the one was weak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think there is alignment problem with your vehicle .I suggest you must have to visit Gil's Automotive Services they are expert in alignment and suspensions. they can help you to get smooth handling ever.Gil's Automotive Services center offer a wide range of auto repair services including Tires change,breaks,shocks,alignment,suspension,ac service etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.