Acura TSX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
so wut's the tq spec for those bolts ? ... and do i need new bolts ?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
:bowdown1: wow I missed this thread.
Noel your CL9 is hot !

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Andynolife said:
so wut's the tq spec for those bolts ? ... and do i need new bolts ?
Bolts? The spark plugs screw in like bolts...I guess that's what you mean.

Here are the torque specs notes from a K20 (EP3) engine, which I'm pretty darn sure are the same as our K24 engines:

Apply a small amount of anti-seize to the plug threads, and screw the plugs into the cylinder head finger-tight. Then torque them to 18 N.m (18 kgf.m, 13 lbf.ft).

Also, the electrode gap for the spark plugs is 1.0mm-1.1mm (0.039-0.043 in.). This info might be in your owner's manual...I'm too lazy to go look. :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thank you JP. :thumbsup:

Andy, you can get Acura or your usual mechanic to fit them the next time round when you do a service or something, it should be a less than 10 minute job.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thx alot JP and Noel .. ~ :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
btw .... do u guys think it's a good time to change the spark plug wires while i put the new spark plugs in ? ...
and wut particular wires r good for such set up ?
Thanks

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Damn Noel, thats ur car, wow, u just went another one up in my book, georgous, What kinda wax u use to get that shine...? wow thats nice...

·
Senior Loan Officer
128 Posts
so ******* gorgeous, from where did you get the ECU done...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
SAZABI said:
spark plug wire??? o_0
srry .. haha .. my mistake .. we r direct injection .. ~ :ben:
but how come NGK's website listed that Laser Iridium spark plug is original equipment ?? where is Noel ?

·
Mr. Dan
1,730 Posts
Andynolife said:
srry .. haha .. my mistake .. we r direct injection .. ~ :ben:
but how come NGK's website listed that Laser Iridium spark plug is original equipment ?? where is Noel ?
The K24 is NOT direct injection. Correct me if i'm mistaken, but direct injection is where the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber, with the fuel injector located similar to the spark plugs. Our fuel injectors reside outside the combustion injector, on the intake manifold. I think the K20 used by the Honda Steam is direct injection engine.

I believe you are referring to the individual ignition coil packs that send sparks to the plugs.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
MemphisRheins - Meguairs NXT Wax.

Rmatic09 - Competition racing ECU, not a street ready product.

Andynolife - Andy, yes individual ignition coil packs, but more commonly associated with being direct injection as coil wires are not necessary. I think you're getting confused with spark plugs and spark/ignition leads?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
MemphisRheins - Meguairs NXT Wax.

Rmatic09 - Competition racing ECU, not a street ready product.

Andynolife - Andy, yes individual ignition coil packs, but more commonly associated with being direct injection as coil wires are not necessary. I think you're getting confused with spark plugs and spark/ignition leads?
yup ... ~ thx for clearning things up guys ~ ;)
btw .. i just found out that TSX uses NGK laser irudium spark plug as original eq. pretty impressive ~ ... guess i have to return the spark plugs back ~

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes, it seems Honda has implemented iridium plugs as standard equipment on i-VTEC engines. However, different grade/temperature type ratings would still be important under specific conditions.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
Yes, it seems Honda has implemented iridium plugs as standard equipment on i-VTEC engines. However, different grade/temperature type ratings would still be important under specific conditions.
yup ...
but laser iridium is the best plugs made by NGK for TSX now ..
i guess only Deso has better plug for TSX in this point
iridium IX is still not avaliable for TSX

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
My LSD is an OEM equipment, it's pretty much designed for daily driving as long as all general maintenance and care is carried out even for track work. No doubts, it has put a significant difference when improving handling. Talk about less understeer and putting power to the ground more efficiently.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Yes, plenty of parts on the market as long as you want to go deep and serious. The Exedy configuration is from the JDM DC5, CL7. We share the same gearbox.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.