Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
GM is master of bullshit fuel efficiency numbers.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
TeC said:
GM is master of bullshit fuel efficiency numbers.
GM has NO SAY in what the published mileage figures for their cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING!

It's the EPA that measures/publishes them for EVERY car sold in this country!

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#estimates

Oh, I own a 6 speed, LS1 Z28...The car averages low to mid twenties in MIXED driving and has delivered in excess of 29 MPG @ a steady state 70 MPH cruise.

Anything else you want to tell me?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes. One more thing I want to tell you. Nobody cares about you, or your posts. You can try to make people mad, but I think about 80% of this forum already has you on ignore. Maybe that's why I'm the only one responding to you, because I can see you since I'm new. But I think within a week I'll have you on ignore too.

Your obsession with performance/fuel economy ratio is the most comical thing I've seen in a long time. Don't give yourself a heart attack.

·
Axing The Trolls
32 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
GM has NO SAY in what the published mileage figures for their cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING!

It's the EPA that measures/publishes them for EVERY car sold in this country!

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#estimates

Oh, I own a 6 speed, LS1 Z28...The car averages low to mid twenties in MIXED driving and has delivered in excess of 29 MPG @ a steady state 70 MPH cruise.

Anything else you want to tell me?:rolleyes:
YES

yawn....:rolleyes:

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hondafreak4eva said:
sorry i'd still buy an nsx out of those two
You would?

So money is no object for you then...

The cost delta (Z06 vs NSX) is ~ $37K, plus added taxes, higher insurance, etc...

You can EASILY handle that cost delta, not to mention the ~ $90K price of the NSX to begin with...Right? :rolleyes:

Regardless of which one you'd buy (IF you had the $$$), the fact remains that the Z06 is faster (in a straight line and on a road course), gets better fuel mileage and is cheaper to buy/own.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sublime3sixteen said:
Usually if you can afford a new NSX money is not an object. I like em cause they are so rare and sick looking too.
The guy above talks in the first person about it: ("I would...")

He doesn't know what he'd do because he's not in the postion to buy either of those two cars.

An NSX is ~ 70% more money than Z06 Corvette.

That's like telling a prospective TSX owner to buy a new M3 instead...

Of course, the M3 is much faster than a TSX; the same can NOT be said about the NSX (vs. the Z06).:D

And there are many WEALTHY people who couldn't "justify" spending that extra 70% for the TSX. Wealth is often gained by prudence.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
The guy above talks in the first person about it: ("I would...")

He doesn't know what he'd do because he's not in the postion to buy either of those two cars.

do you know im not in a position to buy either of those two cars for a FACT ?!?!

i'd appreciate if you didn't assume that i am a male.. because i'm not.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hondafreak4eva said:
do you know im not in a position to buy either of those two cars for a FACT ?!?!

Yes, I know that for a FACT.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
Your writing style and obvious lack of respect for/understanding of money.
how does a person as ignorant as you last as long as you have managed to? i bet your glad your able to maitain an anonymous persona... consdering you had to come out from behind the moniter/keyboard i bet you wouldn't have quite as much to say

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hondafreak4eva said:
how does a person as ignorant as you last as long as you have managed to? i bet your glad your able to maitain an anonymous persona... consdering you had to come out from behind the moniter/keyboard i bet you wouldn't have quite as much to say
is that right?

I have just as much to say IN PERSON as I have here.

You can't afford an NSX or a Z06 Corvette and YOU KNOW IT!

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
Hello everyone, been a while since I've been around, but I still have stuff to say.

harddrivin1le, I have to say you make some good points, up until I read this article you posted here:

"Your writing style and obvious lack of respect for/understanding of money."

Now, I can understand people having their own opinion about material objects such as cars, but directly insulting people is not something I can stand. If you want to talk about the TSX all you want go ahead, but please refrain from attacks on other people.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
GT-40MarkIV said:
Hello everyone, been a while since I've been around, but I still have stuff to say.

harddrivin1le, I have to say you make some good points, up until I read this article you posted here:

"Your writing style and obvious lack of respect for/understanding of money."

Now, I can understand people having their own opinion about material objects such as cars, but directly insulting people is not something I can stand. If you want to talk about the TSX all you want go ahead, but please refrain from attacks on other people.
The person asked me how I knew that he couldn't afford either a new NSX or a new Z06...So I told him. Fair enough?

MULTIPLE people have launched personal attacks against ME. Have you posted similar responses to THEIR attacks? No, you haven't.

hondafreak4eva said:

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
harddrivin1le, I have just logged in for the first time in about 3 or 4 months, and your posts were the first I saw. I am not just talking to YOU individually, I hate it when anyone attack's anyone.

I'm sorry you think your being singled out, but I only responded to what I saw.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts