Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
************* and v6performance.net will be having a meet on May 1st at Jones Beach State Park, on Long Island. The field and the time are listed in the link below.

Click Here for more information.

Please post here if you are coming.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I am on the wrong, I mean right coast :p So I wont be able to make it. But please be sure and take lot's of pic's for us :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Larch,
I see there was a lot of drama I missed. I haven't been able to go to tsx sites since I got promoted in Jan. I do remember seeing your thread complaining about closed threads but then I didn't see anything else about it.

Sorry you can't make it on the 1st, maybe you can change your previous engagement. It should be a great meet. TSX and Accord owners and FOOD!!!

I read your posts about the car show but what did you think of the acura display. I thought the acura display was great. I wish I was there on press day. Did you see the rl presentation video on vtec.net. I thought the video was rather good. I didn't think the honda section was anything special and the level with all of the trucks I found to be boring. It seemed to me that ford was the most popular manufacturer.

Well I'll be talking to you later. I'll try to check back here from time to time, but I go where the people are. I just decided to recheck the tsx sites I belong to and found that:

****-tsx.com has - Members: 7,337, Threads: 8,004 Posts: 120,150

****tsx.com has - Members: 3,450est Threads: 4,000est Posts: 50,000est (I think they don't want to show the exact numbers so I estimated it)

tsxclub.com has - Members: 1,879, Threads: 1,512 Posts: 13,499

and the tsx section of *****world.com has - Threads: 280 Posts: 2513

So this site has a while to go before the members and threads are up to the other too but I'll try to help this site grow. To bad there just can't be one site that we can all belong to. If the sites were combined it would be one great site. I didn't want to post the exact domain names in case I might be banned. How are the mods on this site?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Too bad this meet is far from where I live....otherwise I'd attend it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hey, Briny -- thanks for stopping by again. This is going to be long, but I'm going to address everything you asked and pointed out.

(edit: About the NY show, I misunderstood him and I pasted a lot of unnecessary stuff. We discuss it a few posts down.)

About May 1, it's not anything I can break -- it's a classical piano competition, of all things! It is when it is, and I'm thrilled to be in it.

About the sites: What happened "over there," in essence, was that the site owner didn't want me there, and he has visibly rejoiced that I'm not there anymore. The triggering issue wasn't the closing of threads, it was the DELETION OF AN ENTIRE FORUM from the site. When I tried to discuss it and other people began expressing their opinions, I was obscenely insulted by the owner ("bad rubbish" was one of the milder things), and was denied any chance to respond. My having to leave was unfortunate, but given the reality, it was for the best. It's accurate to say that the owner acted in a way that would not have been tolerated in any regular member; in fact, the few regular members (about 3) who have acted that way were banned.

The admins/mods here are fine. We have sometimes disagreed about things and they've kicked my butt a little bit, but never in an inappropriate or inhumane way, and they were always open to discussion.

Unlike in some other places, you don't have to worry about being banned here for mentioning other sites. I'll mention them: The 2 other sites you referred to are ************* and ***********. About clubtsx -- in case you haven't noticed, in recent months they've been basically nonexistent; their overall stats (which are good) are totally a reflection of the distant past. There's good stuff on the site from when we all were there, but that's now almost a year old. Virtually nothing of value or substance is being added currently or has been for quite some time.

I think you're underestimating this site, although of course you have to be the judge of that. The site has been growing greatly and has become much more active of late, partly because of the participation of people from other sites who have taken a look and have liked what they've seen. So, as is the case for clubtsx, those overall numbers don't reflect what's been going on recently and currently. If you feel like it, you can check out alexa.com, which measures and ranks the activity of sites. But of course the best measure for you is what YOU think of the site. I hope that if you look around some more, you'll see what I'm talking about. But regardless, I'm thrilled that you're coming here at least occasionally.

And thanks for asking. I do hope to see you at one of these meets pretty soon.

Regards, Larchmont

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Larch, I did read what you said about the NY Car show but you basically said what other people thought. I was wondering if you liked the fact the there was a second level that the NSX was on. Or that they had a bunch of each car (AT, MT, NAV, No NAV). I have seen somethings over there that I don't like but in my opinion it's still the best source for information due to the amount of members.

I hadn't thought of clubtsx like that but I guess it is true. Those numbers are a reflection of the past. I do agree that this site has grown a lot recently. I've been a member here for a while and it used to be empty. Good luck at your classical piano competition.

Brian

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Ok, I read all of it, and the last part is the exact reason why Larch got my vote to be a mod!
Great job Larch!! See, you do have it in you ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
briny319 said:
Larch, I did read what you said about the NY Car show but you basically said what other people thought. I was wondering if you liked the fact the there was a second level that the NSX was on. Or that they had a bunch of each car (AT, MT, NAV, No NAV). I have seen somethings over there that I don't like but in my opinion it's still the best source for information due to the amount of members.....
Hey Brian! I never noticed that was your name before. I thought you just liked the sea!

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant about the NY show and that I pasted a lot of unnecessary material (I have now deleted it).

The reason I wrote it up like that was, I was much more interested in how people in general responded to the exhibits than I was in my own opinions (really!), and I assumed others would be too. But since you asked: I didn't think that Honda/Acura did the greatest possible job. I mentioned before that I think they particularly made a mistake in having a couple of current RL's (I think there were two), because people could have easily thought that was it for the RL. I had to go looking for the new one! In fact, at first I thought those current RL's were the NEW one, and I was surprised because it looked just like the old one! This, even though I'm probably much more in the know than most attendees. Plus, you couldn't get in the new RL, or particularly near it.

And I was surprised also that they gave so much space to the multiple models of the other current offerings too. They even had a CL there!!! (Why not my '88 Legend? I think that would have made more sense.) Maybe I misunderstand what people go to car shows for. I would have thought it's mainly real aficionados, and they don't need to see what they can see in a dealer's showroom, or not that much of it anyway. I would have thought Honda/Acura would have devoted a higher percentage of their space to the cutting edge stuff, plus other things that we don't see in showrooms. That boat was great, plus the exhibits about the innards of the cars. I didn't much even know what they were, but I was captivated. I would have liked more of that, and less of the TL's and RL's and Accords etc.

I thought the 2nd level was terrific, in itself. But I didn't think the overall layout was well-planned. If they had a 2nd level, that's where the new RL should have been. It seemed to me that the existence of that 2nd level was why you could so easily have missed that new RL.

About what's on "the other site": I know what you mean, and I don't blame you -- I look there too. But I've never had a better time on a site than I've been having here. I could never be comfortable or contribute freely on a site where I was constantly aware of those things that I mentioned up there. Although all hell didn't break loose until a few weeks ago, the basic thing was painfully clear for a long time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
larchmont said:
Hey Brian! I never noticed that was your name before. I thought you just liked the sea!
I guess my user name was a bad choice, no one gets it.
Bri - Nickname NY - State 319 - Bday. I thought it made sense at the time.

Anyway I do agree about the old RL's I said the same thing when I went there. I thought they should have had a sign next to them or in the window saying check out the all new acura rl prototype and an arrow or something pointing to it. I couldn't figure out why the CL was there either. It was the only 03 model there. Maybe they don't want people to forget about it in case they bring it back in the future.

Overall I thought the acura section was good but I didn't really like the honda display. It could have used a concept or two. And a better layout. Thinking back on it, it was a good thing they had so many cars that were the same model because of the amount of people wanting to look at them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
briny319 said:
I guess my user name was a bad choice, no one gets it.
Bri - Nickname NY - State 319 - Bday. I thought it made sense at the time.

Anyway I do agree about the old RL's I said the same thing when I went there. I thought they should have had a sign next to them or in the window saying check out the all new acura rl prototype and an arrow or something pointing to it. I couldn't figure out why the CL was there either. It was the only 03 model there. Maybe they don't want people to forget about it in case they bring it back in the future.

Overall I thought the acura section was good but I didn't really like the honda display. It could have used a concept or two. And a better layout. Thinking back on it, it was a good thing they had so many cars that were the same model because of the amount of people wanting to look at them.
No, I think it's a great name, and it does kind of fit even if it's not what you intended.
You know -- Long Island, the sea.....the briny deep......

LOL about the CL! IMO the only thing they accomplished with it, if anything, was making people wonder why the model was discontinued. That is, besides making people wonder why it was there at the show at all.

About having so many cars of the same model, yes, maybe you're right. After all, as I said, the Honda exhibit did attract a lot of people, which maybe is the best measure of anything. (Which is why I focused on that so much.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
larchmont said:
Just giving this a bump. Hope some tsxclubbers can make it.
Me too. But I don't think anyone from this site is coming.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
briny319 said:
Me too. But I don't think anyone from this site is coming.
I'd go...but it's so far away... :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I am willing to drive to a meet like this, but that is if someone has a place for me to stay. I can't afford paying for nights in a hotel.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
I am willing to drive to a meet like this, but that is if someone has a place for me to stay. I can't afford paying for nights in a hotel.
At this point you'd have to drive awfully fast.
How fast did you say was your top speed in the TSX so far? :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I have the impression it was (unfortunately) very lightly attended. There don't seem to have been any posts about it on the other site either.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts