Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey club,

I just bought a PC925MJT-A Odyssey battery which is the one recommended for a tsx on their site. Does anybody know if its a good battery? Or they worth The $194 that I paid? I really like the Optima Redtop but I've heard so many mixed reviews... HELP!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Do you notice any struggling when you turn your car on? If not, you could probably get away with a run of the mill battery from an auto part store for closer to 100 bucks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wouldnt say its struggling but it takes a few seconds, is that normal timing for the tsx? i have an interstate battery in there now that costed me about $100 bucks but im going for a red theme and was just curious if any had prior experience.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
i wouldnt say its struggling but it takes a few seconds, is that normal timing for the tsx? i have an interstate battery in there now that costed me about $100 bucks but im going for a red theme and was just curious if any had prior experience.
a little start up time is normal. You can probably get away with another interstate or equivalent battery. it's a waste of money in my opinion if you're not going to need the extra juice. for the price of the odyssey, you could get 2 interstates.

now if you have a crazy sound system or you were running into cold crank problems, then it would be a different story

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've run Odyssey batteries in my other cars, using the small size (7" x 6" x 3" or so), I think it's the PC625 or whatever. Very small and light - 14lbs usually. I have 2 CRXs and a 93 Prelude I run off those batteries. They work great, easily relocated to trunk/underseat area, and start the car fine. Those are all summer-only cars, so no winters but even still, I think they would be ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont worry about the Battery . i m using Odyssey battery in my car . Odyssey batteries are awesome: they give engine cranking pulses in excess of 2250A for just 5 seconds. In addition to this it gives 400 charge or discharge cycles to a depth discharge of 80%. A typical starting, lighting and ignition battery cannot do both. For more reviews you can google it odyssey battery reviews .

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got one in my truck that I love (but that's because of the offroad vibration, off camber, etc), but for the car I don't think it would be worth all the cash. I would be more than content just getting a standard cheap costco battery with a warranty.

On a side note, even though the 200 tag is pretty good for an Odyssey, (Sears) Die Hard Platinums are the same as Odysseys, just with different marketing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.