Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2006 tsx and it came with no floor mats!
so im curious to know is it worth getting OEM all season floor mats or just go cheap and get the weather tech floor mats? do the weather tech floor mats fit properly? pros/cons? and does anyone know a good resource to find OEM floor mats or weathertech floor mats? I've looked on ebay and amazon, just curious to know if there is a better place out there...thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking about the OEM all season floor mats which are rubber and fit perfectly, but they are like $110+ what brand floor mats do you have over your regular floor mats? do they fit nice? no sliding around etc? and cost?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts
oem all season rubber mats are legit.
x2. If you have the money, I'd splurge on the OEM ones. They fit perfect, the design is easy to clean, and they say "TSX" on the front ones. I use the OEM all seasons from mid-late fall until the first day of spring or so, then the OEM carpet ones during spring and summer. That's all I do for this car for "winter mode" and "summer mode." :D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought my 06 TSX certified and it came with a brand new set of OEM pile carpet floor mats. They blend in seamlessly, (I have the tan/woodgrain interior)...but I agree with the earlier poster; they can get dirty fast, just like the carpet underneath.

I ordered a pair of custom fit TSX 'Weather Tech' floor mats and they are incredible. They fit perfectly in front and back, and keep the interior clean...easy to hose off, too. I'm sure the OEM rubber mats are nice as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've ordered the WeatherTech floormats for some vehicles and and I've had the OEM all-weather floor mats for others...

The bottom line:

OEM:

Pros: Thick, inexpensive (compared to Weathertechs), they stay put.

Cons: Doesn't cover as much carpeting, harder to clean.

Weathertech:

Pros: They cover everything. Easy to clean.

Cons: The passenger side floor mat moves around because the Weathertech's don't have the ribber spikes on the underside. Generally the driver's side is retained by the two floor clips so really not an issue here. Expensive.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've ordered the WeatherTech floormats for some vehicles and and I've had the OEM all-weather floor mats for others...

The bottom line:

OEM:

Pros: Thick, inexpensive (compared to Weathertechs), they stay put.

Cons: Doesn't cover as much carpeting, harder to clean.

Weathertech:

Pros: They cover everything. Easy to clean.

Cons: The passenger side floor mat moves around because the Weathertech's don't have the ribber spikes on the underside. Generally the driver's side is retained by the two floor clips so really not an issue here. Expensive.
Are you talking about the DigitalFit or All-Season line of Weathertech.

I do know the DigitalFit covers alot of carpeting, but they do not make it for the 04-08 TSX.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts
Haha, how much carpet do you need it to cover?! I dunno about you guys, but I'm not out there stompin in mudholes all day then climbing into the car. I use them primarily in the colder seasons because of the snow and salt. Normal rain doesn't make much difference depending on carpet type, but snow does. And for snow, at least in my area, the OEM all seasons do the job. Then again, my interior is black...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.