Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Programming of the OEM remote transmitter:

The codes of up to four transmitters can be stored into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fifth code is stored, the code which was first input will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure all doors, the hood and the trunk lid are closed, and windows are up.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)

2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.

3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.

6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.

9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.

12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock or unlock button again, or the code will not be stored.

13. Within 10 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store in the keyless receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.

15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

NOTE: Once the programming mode is entered, the remote button must be pressed a second time. If the button is not pressed, or if the ignition switch is turned OFF, the programming for all remotes will be cancelled.

·
Registered
108 Posts
HELPPPPPP.. I tried to program my 07 TL switchblade key for my 04 TSX.. for some retarded reason i'm ONLY able to get the doors to lock.. am i suppose to program each button at a time? someone pleaseeeee help.. and how do i get the trunk to pop open..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
I have to ask...how much time do you have on your hands? Good write up though.

·
n00b4ever
7 Posts
Cool, I think I got it down.

I programmed the TL switch blade key fob.
What you have to do is turn off the memory seat function after programming it.

·
CL9 Tuner
549 Posts
pdpgps said:
does this work with the "switchblade" type key fobs?

yes it does :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
can anyone tell me why I cant open my doors with my switchblade key?
Its been programmed by dealer and I did the steps listed 3 times. I can get the car to lock but cant UNLOCK the doors or pop trunk open?

Please Help!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hi guys , need some help ! 1 of my keys was stolen and i want to erase it from keyless reciever memory. How can i do it ? As far as i understand after programming 5th key ut will erase 1st and after programming 6th it will erase 2nd . All is clear but i have only 1 spare key ! Can i program the same key for many times and it will erase all memory cells or i need to program 5 different trancievers ?

Thanks for an answer !

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Not sure about that. The dealer should be able to tell you. You might want to get a steering wheel lock like The Club just in case.

·
Registered
859 Posts
My dealer is a stupid one. This is our Ukrainian specific of doing business - taking money for knowing nothing ))) They told me - we cant erase , we only can add other keys and after memory of reciever will be full with old keys than u need to buy another reciever ( So, all my hope on answers is here !

·
Registered
859 Posts
Noone knows ? Maybe all keys must be added during 1 session of programming ? If we add only 1 key diring 1 session all other keys willnt work ? Can any1 who has 2 keys test this theory !!! Please !!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Until now my understanding was that you can erase old codes from the system and then just add the keys you have. But since this is done with a computer the dealer has to plug in, which I've never even seen, I'm not sure anymore. I know there's definitely a way to get rid of old codes. Otherwise it would forfeit the purpose of the immobilizer security. But whether you erase old codes or substitute them with the same, good one, I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
You can't that is your Key...buy a key for driver 1 and that will fix

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone is/was having trouble with this like i was. I was getting really frustrated. I continued to turn the car to ON and OFF how it is explained but i did it about 6 or 7 times repeatedly until it programmed. So just giving a heads up to all you peeps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys , need some help ! 1 of my keys was stolen and i want to erase it from keyless reciever memory. How can i do it ? As far as i understand after programming 5th key ut will erase 1st and after programming 6th it will erase 2nd . All is clear but i have only 1 spare key ! Can i program the same key for many times and it will erase all memory cells or i need to program 5 different trancievers ?

Thanks for an answer !
This happens to me if you just follow his last few steps for additional fobs you will have
Noone knows ? Maybe all keys must be added during 1 session of programming ? If we add only 1 key diring 1 session all other keys willnt work ? Can any1 who has 2 keys test this theory !!! Please !!
yes you are right all keys need to be added in same session

·
Registered
120 Posts
In the past my keyfob wouldn't hold the code for than a few days, and I think it's an issue with the car. I just programmed it again, so we'll see how long it holds this time.

Any ideas? Bad ground? Bad module? I bought a driver's side kick panel fuse box that holds the module, but I haven't installed it. Was hoping to find a simple solution before swapping that out...lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts