Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
how funny is that

i just finished posting the same thing 1 minute after you

hope they delete the thread lol
 

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahah, thats pretty funny....well i can see by the choice of your car it must be that great minds think alike hahah.
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
hmm not a better deal than OEM...that kit needs painting
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
This is a scam.

The owner of that car has posted those pics before, and that is an OEM kit, not a "Techno R"-this seller merely stole the pics from her.......

The seller has represented themselves as a vendor, and has 72 listings with multiple items. They wouldn't need to resort to stealing pics, especially when it's not even the kit they're selling.......
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
LannyM said:
This is a scam.

The owner of that car has posted those pics before, and that is an OEM kit, not a "Techno R"-this seller merely stole the pics from her.......

The seller has represented themselves as a vendor, and has 72 listings with multiple items. They wouldn't need to resort to stealing pics, especially when it's not even the kit they're selling.......
Reminds of that eGay auction last year where someone stole pics of my TSX and posted my car's pics on his auction to sell an OEM TSX spoiler along with TSX taillights and front and rear bumpers.:mad:
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
LannyM said:
This is a scam.

The owner of that car has posted those pics before, and that is an OEM kit, not a "Techno R"-this seller merely stole the pics from her.......

The seller has represented themselves as a vendor, and has 72 listings with multiple items. They wouldn't need to resort to stealing pics, especially when it's not even the kit they're selling.......
I think those kits listed are all cheap copycats kind like fake designer bags/watches. I don't think it's a scam. Buyer might get screwed on the material quality thou. but again we are talking about plastic, nothing techy
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
Reminds of that eGay auction last year where someone stole pics of my TSX and posted my car's pics on his auction to sell an OEM TSX spoiler along with TSX taillights and front and rear bumpers.:mad:

hehheh you should feel good your car pic got selected
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
I think those kits listed are all cheap copycats kind like fake designer bags/watches. I don't think it's a scam. Buyer might get screwed on the material quality thou. but again we are talking about plastic, nothing techy
Check his feedback-I find it odd that a business would be buying cookbooks and computer software for $.50 one week, and then list over $100K worth of merchandise the next.

Of course, he did this to get his feedback over 30, which then allows him to post dutch auctions. Of his 34 feedbacks, 22 are from SELLERS, meaning he mostly bought stuff. Of the viewable ended SALES auctions, only one is a bodykit, and it says in the feedback that he's a great BUYER. Uh, he would have been the seller.

Also, he does not allow local pickup.....hmmmmm.
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
oh I see - well there is also a sucker or n00b around - spending $500 on the seller with that track record.


hehheh he has the euro-R kit as well
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
Reminds of that eGay auction last year where someone stole pics of my TSX and posted my car's pics on his auction to sell an OEM TSX spoiler along with TSX taillights and front and rear bumpers.:mad:
:jump:


When you caught that, it was the ultimate :bill:

BTW.....I don't remember -- how did you discover it?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
hehheh you should feel good your car pic got selected
Not when my license plate showing in the pictures, besides that person should have asked me instead of stealing pictures of my car and another picture of an ABP TSX from vtec.net

larchmont said:
:jump:

When you caught that, it was the ultimate :bill:

BTW.....I don't remember -- how did you discover it?
A friend notified me about the auction, he was doing a search on egay and noticed pictures of my TSX. The pictures that I posted of my car on another board were the exact same pics that were on that auction, and he asked me is that your car? I was like wtf!?! It is my car!!!:mad:

Someone stole pics of my car along with a pic of ABP TSX from vtec.net and using it on an auction without consent. After I filed a complaint with egay they removed that person's auction the next day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
larchmont said:
What do they think of the TSX/Euro in Sweden?

How do you mean? As a car in general?

It's not that common in Sweden (one of the reasons i bought it.). Sweden is what you would call a country full of estates (is that the correct word??). The most sold car is whithout a doubt the Volvo V70 and that is accordong to me a good car but EVERYBODY has one.

Honda is known in Sweden to be a car whith great quality in the engines and not that good quality when it comes to corrosion. With the Winters we have thay spread alot of salt on the roads and old Honda's are quite good att eroding.

Everybody that have testdriven my car is surprised that it is so good to drive, the gearbox is wonderful.

Anything else?
Feel free to correct my spelling or grammar, i'm not that used to write in english.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Peter G said:
How do you mean? As a car in general?

It's not that common in Sweden (one of the reasons i bought it.). Sweden is what you would call a country full of estates (is that the correct word??). The most sold car is whithout a doubt the Volvo V70 and that is accordong to me a good car but EVERYBODY has one.

Honda is known in Sweden to be a car whith great quality in the engines and not that good quality when it comes to corrosion. With the Winters we have thay spread alot of salt on the roads and old Honda's are quite good att eroding.

Everybody that have testdriven my car is surprised that it is so good to drive, the gearbox is wonderful.

Anything else?
Feel free to correct my spelling or grammar, i'm not that used to write in english.
(Yes, that was what I meant.)
Interesting post -- and by the way your spelling and grammar are very good -- better than most of us!!

I'm surprised about Honda's bad reputation for corrosion. Hondas and Acuras are especially popular in the northern areas of North America, I guess because of the front-wheel drive, which is advantageous in snowy and icy conditions.
And the cars in those areas (including here in the New York area) are very exposed to salt.
And as far as I know, there isn't a great problem. My first Acura (or Honda) was the 1988 Legend. I had it for 14 years, and there was no corrosion problem.

Maybe I was just lucky. :D

P.S. I have indeed heard that with Hondas, often the thing that limits the life of the car is corrosion rather than anything mechanical.
But my impression was that it isn't that the body corrodes badly, but rather than the mechanical aspects are so great that the body goes first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
larchmont said:
(Yes, that was what I meant.)
Interesting post -- and by the way your spelling and grammar are very good -- better than most of us!!

I'm surprised about Honda's bad reputation for corrosion. Hondas and Acuras are especially popular in the northern areas of North America, I guess because of the front-wheel drive, which is advantageous in snowy and icy conditions.
And the cars in those areas (including here in the New York area) are very exposed to salt.
And as far as I know, there isn't a great problem. My first Acura (or Honda) was the 1988 Legend. I had it for 14 years, and there was no corrosion problem.

Maybe I was just lucky. :D

P.S. I have indeed heard that with Hondas, often the thing that limits the life of the car is corrosion rather than anything mechanical.
But my impression was that it isn't that the body corrodes badly, but rather than the mechanical aspects are so great that the body goes first.
The new Honda's are suposed to have a much better protection against corrosion, but it will take a couple of years before we know if that's true. ;)

Im a member of the Swedish Honda club and i think it goes without saying that those guys love Honda. :p

About the front wheel drive i just have to say, my girlfriend own's a BMW and i usualy take that car when there is snow. :D
The rear wheel drive is so much moore fun when it's snowy outside.

What can i say more...hmm.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Peter G said:
.....my girlfriend own's a BMW and i usualy take that car when there is snow. :D
The rear wheel drive is so much moore fun when it's snowy outside.....
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


And I thought Swedes were sensible. :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top