Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OEM kit is ON!!!! And It looks so AMAZING with the pro-kit drop!!!! :jump:
First my baby had a FULL detail done from Acura inside and out. Then the next day i installed the kit. Pics are coming.
Those stupid plastic black things suck. They kept breaking on me. And one more thing did anyone notice a metal thing under the front bumper..? Up inside underneath the front bumper?? Because this thing is now out and i dont know where it goes??? Help me out guys please.....!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
HAHA! I saw the same thing. I was putting on the front spoiler and found a large flat metal slab. I doesnt seem to proform any real function. I just put it back in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Now when your OEM body kit starts to make a noise at speeds in excess of 50 mph come back and ask how to fix. rrrrrrrrr6

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does it really do?? Does anyone know what it does or where it goes??? I'm not sure exactly where it even came from. And is this problem going to occur (noise at 50 mph or higher).

·
Registered
220 Posts
The 'noise' I am refering to usually comes from the side strakes due to teh pins that attach it to the car do not fit snugly. This can be fixed by using a washer between the pin & body to take up the slack. If not used the side strake will have play in it and cause it to 'flap' in the wind at high speed, causing an annoying noise. aehe10

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
that metal piece is....

seanygreen said:
My OEM kit is ON!!!! And It looks so AMAZING with the pro-kit drop!!!! :jump:
And one more thing did anyone notice a metal thing under the front bumper..? Up inside underneath the front bumper?? Because this thing is now out and i dont know where it goes??? Help me out guys please.....!!
First congratulations ! :woot:

Sean, that metal piece is called "Bumper Weight"
Item #6 in this picture:

I had that thing slipped out too when I installed my kit.
Didn't put in back then and been driving round for like 5 months with no issues.

Then when I brought my car in to get tranny issue done I asked Service to put it back in for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS alot guys!!! Robert TSXGeek thanks especially for the pic. Thats exactly what it is. I have it out and i'll have acura put it back when i go back in for service. Pics are on the way guys.. my girlfriend has my camera. The car looks sooo clean right now too after the detail. $199 but had a coupon for 10% off. Not bad! Cleaned it up nice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed the kit with the help of my buddy. It took us about 5 hours to do. I had never done anything like this before either and I took my time. I have to say I'm definately happy i did it myself and saved the money. All the local body shops told me $200 and ACURA.. forget it!!! $90 an hour and a minimum of four hours. Pics are coming.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
im wondering if your kit is on snug on your car. like on my front corners you can put a toothpick clearly between the car and kit. kinda bugs me, the dealer refused to beleive they did a half assed job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts