Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive got a spare 08 SI motor for parts and i was looking at the oil cooler set up and it looks like everything will bolt onto the K24. i took all the parts involved off and installed on my blown K24 block and it seems that everything is pretty much plug and play. im just wondering if the stock tsx belt will work with the k20z water pump. ive included some crappy Iphone 4 pix. any comment or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes it will to everythign you asked but your car does not have the hole for the one 90* on the back of the block, there are many ways to get around that, like using the other side or machining where they are stock on the k20. lots of discussion on this subject on k20a.org

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does have the hole for the 90 elbow, the bolt hole is there also. everything bolted up just like how it was on the K20z 08 SI motor. you can see from my 2nd pix that the hose is running to the elbow and the elbow is bolted up to the block using the 10mm bolt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah thats all there but the physical hole in the block is not. so it wouldn't be moving any fluid.

u can do this

or machine the hole where it would normally go and use the pre existing but not finished port. but even then i think you need to plug off the larger hole on the back of the block..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JBamin, I would say you were correct that the hole is not there but it is there on the K24a2. :) Everything bolts up from the k20z motor just like stock.

K24a2 hole is open and the bolt hole is there also.

K24a1 hole is not there and no bolt hole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts