Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I always favor OEM. if that eBay timing chain causes problems, you're screwed. At least with the OEM one, you can go to the dealer and present your case

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I always favor OEM. if that eBay timing chain causes problems, you're screwed. At least with the OEM one, you can go to the dealer and present your case
Same. However with something like a timing chain + tensioner you're looking at a lot of money once labour is factored in. If all K24 timing chains are the same then you probably could grab a used or new one off a CR-V/Accord and save some cash.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If you are ordering from the USA anyways, just get it from oemacuraparts.com or acuraoemparts.com.

With something as vital as a timing chain, always go OEM.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
always oem... i buy parts from from Majestic honda from Rhode Island and cross refference the part number to make sure its the same part number....plus honda warehouse always cheaper than acura warehouse.....hope this helps...goodluck

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Are you changing the timing change because of your mileage or is something wrong?

I'm just curious to what a bad timing chain will cause and whether you need to perform preventative maintenance or not.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
OEM forsure!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you changing the timing change because of your mileage or is something wrong?

I'm just curious to what a bad timing chain will cause and whether you need to perform preventative maintenance or not.
i have that enigne code p0341 i believe it is, and i have been told by the dealer to do timing chain and tensioner

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks alot hoRRo, now should i also order the guides too or should i be fine with out them

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If you are getting the code, I would say replace the guides (all 3).

If someone is doing this as preventative maintenance, I would suggest examining the guides first.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
just replaced my timing chain and tensioner..$74 for the chain, $55 for the tensioner...the labor itself raped my walet :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
OK I got $228.89 + Shipping (OEM) vs $299.95 + shipping (eBay) for all 5 parts (8,9,11,12,13)...OEM seems cheaper (better if you can find a coupon code). OEM all the way!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
just buy a TODA chain. much thicker, and its pretty much the same damn price honda's gonna charge you. lol

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
just buy a TODA chain. much thicker, and its pretty much the same damn price honda's gonna charge you. lol
That Toda one looks nice, but it costs about 3 times more than OEM. :thumbsdow

1 - 20 of 23 Posts