Acura TSX Forum banner

321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Received the lights today. they look real good. everything was very well packaged and secure.

I totally forgot about having to sign for the package so I figured they wouldn't be able to deliver it today since I'm at work. But when I went online to see the tracking, it said it was delivered! I thought to myself how could that be?
Then i remember the cleaning lady that comes to my house once a week was there and signed for it!! CLEANING LADY FTWW!! YES

So I went home for lunch (only 5 minutes away) and saw the box.
Everything seemed to be there in 1 piece, only thing I did not see was the 6000k HIDS but I think those may have already been installed in the headlight. I will have pics tonight and will be installing fri night/sat morning

·
A Weird Asian Dude
935 Posts
Received the lights today. they look real good. everything was very well packaged and secure.

I totally forgot about having to sign for the package so I figured they wouldn't be able to deliver it today since I'm at work. But when I went online to see the tracking, it said it was delivered! I thought to myself how could that be?
Then i remember the cleaning lady that comes to my house once a week was there and signed for it!! CLEANING LADY FTWW!! YES

So I went home for lunch (only 5 minutes away) and saw the box.
Everything seemed to be there in 1 piece, only thing I did not see was the 6000k HIDS but I think those may have already been installed in the headlight. I will have pics tonight and will be installing fri night/sat morning

Yea man i was very impressed with the packaging... very professional... custom fitted box for the headlights.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
UPS caught me while i was in the middle of detailing the car. my arm is fkin dead.. but i still went ahead with the install after i finished

For reference, before:

I agree with the packaging, it even came with a box shaped fish! HAHA

maybe a few pix for those looking to install themselves

1. take off bumper, look at diy section for that

2. There are 4 bolts to take off to get the headlight out, circled/arrowed in red. the bottom one you'll need an extension on your socket.

·
6,942 Posts
3. this one;

4. pop off the headlight, unplug all harnesses

The high beam you need to pop off the rubber thing (pretty self explanatory)

This is what I was confused with for minute or two until I figured it out. That metal spring thing is what clamps the light tight. What you need to do is push and then move over to the side to unhook it. Once unhooked you can take the bulb out, and plop it in the new headlights, and just clamp it back. The HID has two clamps (no picture)

5. (Unpictured) For the HID part. First take off the ballast, and unhook the harness, set it aside. The cup thing on the OEM headlights covering the projectors is some weird screw. I was able to just use a pair of pliers to twist it off (it's not on tight), so just a headsup (pliers will work fine).. be sure not to touch the HID bulb with your finger or anything, any type of moisture can blow it.

afters:

Cut off line seems fine

:)
very happy with it! I was actually hesitant to buy it lol

·
6,942 Posts
also what do u guys tink about smoking the headlights? i got some 30% film i dont know if i should use it or sell it. i got em for the oem's but ended up getting these

·
6,942 Posts
i'll try on the smoke film on saturday :)

just spent the past hour polishing up the wheels
i dont even want to drive it anymore lol.. knowing it'll get dirty :(

·
6,942 Posts
yup
i dont understand why people got the chrome bulbs, you can't even really tell that the bulb is there.. the average person anyway :eek:

·
Aloha Army
11,711 Posts
yup
i dont understand why people got the chrome bulbs, you can't even really tell that the bulb is there.. the average person anyway :eek:
I could see my amber bulbs. I changed to leds. Better than the chrome ones

·
Registered
767 Posts
thanks for the write up, that will def help later on today.

they look great. good job man

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
This blows... the vendor specified that no delivery changes can be made to the shipment, so I can't have them hold the shipment at the distribution center for pickup. Because they are a large UPS account holder, they would have to contact their rep in order to modify the shipment... since I'm never home between normal work hours, the only way for the delivery change to be made is for the package to GO BACK to the vendor, and then for it to be re-shipped...

I can't believe it's this difficult to get a package... even with proof of identity...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ran into that problem, too, but had a strange fluke that allowed me to have it signed for.

What the UPS girl told me was that after the third delivery attempt, the package automatically goes to hold status at the local depot for a couple days. You can go pick it up then.

Not sure if you did this, but when you call UPS, and get the automated prompt, say "customer service". It may require you to give your tracking number first, but you'll get to a human.

·
6,942 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Finished the install, took alittle while but it was worth it. Love how it looks
Going out now to test the HIDS and everything.
I'll post pics up soon guys

·
Registered
51 Posts
Took a while to put mine in, but we had a rainstorm in the middle of my work.

Impressions are that it looks very nice. Driving, though, I have some concerns. I need to figure out how to do side-to-side adjustments, because my driver's side step isn't aligned. Also, for some reason, I adjusted the height to be exactly what my factory lights were, but they seem too high now.

The last thing I'm a little worried about is that my high beams seem to be pointed straight at the ground now.

Probably need to do some adjusting, but the manuals only show how to do height.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I tried to install them but i dont think they fit the '06 at all. The ballast are completely different and it does not fit at all or is just my car? Any help will be appreciated cause im confused about this.

·
6,942 Posts
I tried to install them but i dont think they fit the '06 at all. The ballast are completely different and it does not fit at all or is just my car? Any help will be appreciated cause im confused about this.
Flip it upside down

321 - 340 of 372 Posts