Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find the specs on OEM sensors?

Interested in:

RSX A/F Ratio (Primary o2 Sensor)
TSX A/F Ratio (Primary o2 Sensor)

RSX Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
TSX Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
The sensors are possibly different do to the extra coolant passage in our cylinder heads versus the RSX. They would have different heating rates do to the head design so Honda gave them different signal characteristics. I would not think Honda engineers just grabbed any old sensor laying around since the head design of the 06+ Si is the same as ours when it comes to the coolant passage. The temp sensor is basically a thermocouple that reaches the temperature you want measured after a certain amount of time. ( since you're an EE you will love graphs lol (IUCr) Cryocrystallography papers)
A simple house experiment with having both sensors and some heating water will get you what you are looking for. I hate to tell you but you are one of the few that cares to know the details.

As far as the O2 goes the response rates are different. I forgot what the eng. term is for it. Also since our ECU differ and cats are huge and do a better job the following will differ ( dont mind the number I just pulled a quick google for an example)

Rich voltage ≥720 mV
Lean voltage <120 mV
Rich to lean response time ≤100 ms
Lean to rich response time < 80 ms
Static lambda 1.005 (± 0.003)
Sensor light-off or time to activity <10 seconds
Heater power at 13.5 V, 450°C exhaust 7.0 watts
Heater in-rush current at 21°C, 13.5 V <1.7 amps max

Again no one has pulled a Fluke (FlukeView) as far as I know to test them. Having both cars and a Fluke hooked up to each wire will be ideal for this test.

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can figure out the TSX parts by datalogging, if anyone can help out with the RSX parts, that's appreciated :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts