Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forums, and I am trying to maintain a 2010 TSX with about 115k miles.

The shocks are original so i was looking to switch them...

OEMs are not cheap at 190-230 a pop, but I figured they lasted this long so I don't want to mess with a good thing.

However it looks like the LR is unavailable, RR is. Are they the same? They seem to be struts so I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’d double-check with the dealership. Usually the part numbers indicate some discrepancy so I’d guess they’re different, but I don’t know.

·
-
1,687 Posts
I'm not sure that OEM shocks/struts are the best choice for an obsolete 12 year TSX.

Even if you find 2010 TSX OEM shocks/struts at a dealer, they could have been sitting on the shelf for 10 years.
Even if they have never been used, 5-10 year old shocks and struts may not be any good.
Personally I would never choose OEM shocks and struts but if you decide to take a chance on these, I would not pay any where near list price.
If you can't these super cheap, there are much better aftermarket options than OEM.

It will take some research to find what you want.. Koni, Bilstein come to mind right off the top.

www.heeltoeauto.com in Oregon is a great source for TSX parts. Aftermarket and OEM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

New to the forums, and I am trying to maintain a 2010 TSX with about 115k miles.

The shocks are original so i was looking to switch them...

OEMs are not cheap at 190-230 a pop, but I figured they lasted this long so I don't want to mess with a good thing.

However it looks like the LR is unavailable, RR is. Are they the same? They seem to be struts so I wasn't sure.
Koni Yellows

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
For OEM replacements on stock suspension the Koni SRT T (Orange) will not disappoint and outlast the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts