1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My car whines
637 Posts
yes it will fit. i have a 06 steering wheel on my 04

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Buttons don't light up from what I remember. The 06+ steering wheels is thicker and have those sports grip section. It's also the only one (that I know of) that is plug and play for cruise control. I'm still debating on getting one.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Raigen, do the buttons on the steering wheel light up? What was the reason you swapped to an 06 steering wheel?
If you want the buttons to light up, get the 05 switches along with the sub harness. Everything is plug and play. I think the switches and sub harness from a 06+ non navi will work too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i have the stock wheel and the buttons and stuff so can i swap whats needed over to this wheel and everything will work? Not sure if this matters but i do have navigation and the steering wheel controls for that as well. Thank everyone for your reply's and informative info :)

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Well i have the stock wheel and the buttons and stuff so can i swap whats needed over to this wheel and everything will work? Not sure if this matters but i do have navigation and the steering wheel controls for that as well. Thank everyone for your reply's and informative info :)
I'm not 100% sure whether or not the switches on the new steering wheel will work because the clock spring for a 06+ navi is different from the 04-05 navi/non-navi. But all you need to do is swap your old switches and harness over to the new steering wheel and you'll be good to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
04 to 05 Steering wheel swap

I need a bit of help with the wiring from an 04 to 05 steering wheel swap.

Things I have found...
1. 04 - 06 Steering wheel is a direct bolt in, except for the wiring. The 04/05 have a 13pin white connector and the 06 is blue
2. 04 has no prewiring for lights...this is where I need a bit of help from an 05 owner...

I would like to hook up the lights but I need to know which one of the pinouts are for the lights. If someone can point me to 2005 wiring diagram, that would be great. (I have a 2004)

Here is what I have found:

B1 - Green/Yellow - horn
B2 - empty
B3 - empty
B4 - empty
B5 - empty
B6 - Light Green/Black - cruise control
B7 - Gray/Red - cruise control
B8 - Black - common ground
B9 - Light Green - cruise control
B10 - empty
B11 - Brown - Navigation
B12 - Green/Red - radio
B13 - Gray - Navigation

If worse come to worse, I guess I could pull off the airbag and see what colors are on the steering wheel side of the cable reel.

Looking at a Honda B4 is Red/black and B10 is Red

TIA

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Guess this a bit of a thread revival and I'm sorry for that, but I just got an 04 Tsx and the wheel is on top of beginner mod list. Did you have any luck with this in the lighting of the new wheel? This is the backup idea I might do but only if I can get the buttons to light up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I need a bit of help with the wiring from an 04 to 05 steering wheel swap.

Things I have found...
1. 04 - 06 Steering wheel is a direct bolt in, except for the wiring. The 04/05 have a 13pin white connector and the 06 is blue
2. 04 has no prewiring for lights...this is where I need a bit of help from an 05 owner...

I would like to hook up the lights but I need to know which one of the pinouts are for the lights. If someone can point me to 2005 wiring diagram, that would be great. (I have a 2004)

Here is what I have found:

B1 - Green/Yellow - horn
B2 - empty
B3 - empty
B4 - empty
B5 - empty
B6 - Light Green/Black - cruise control
B7 - Gray/Red - cruise control
B8 - Black - common ground
B9 - Light Green - cruise control
B10 - empty
B11 - Brown - Navigation
B12 - Green/Red - radio
B13 - Gray - Navigation

If worse come to worse, I guess I could pull off the airbag and see what colors are on the steering wheel side of the cable reel.

Looking at a Honda B4 is Red/black and B10 is Red

TIA
Guess this a bit of a thread revival and I'm sorry for that, but I just got an 04 Tsx and the wheel is on top of beginner mod list. Did you have any luck with this in the lighting of the new wheel? This is the backup idea I might do but only if I can get the buttons to light up.

You will need to get the switches from either a 05 or 06-08 non-navi since the 06-08 navi switches use a 20-pin connector vs 13-pin.

Pin 10 is illumination ground and pin 4 is illumination positive. So all you really need to do is add these two wires to the clockspring connector located under the steering wheel upper cover and run these wires to your parking lights or the cars illumination circuit(if you want to be able to adjust the brightness). I just ran these to my foglight switch and it works fine. This is all assuming you get the 05 or 06-08 NON-NAVI switches. If you get the 06-08 navi ones, like in my case, it will be a lot more work since you got to de-pin all the wires for the switch and re-pin them to your existing 13-pin clockspring sub harness.

Check out this link here: 05 accord sedans!! - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums It's for 7th gen accord but it also applies for the tsx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.