Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my cabin and engine air filters.

From 30 min of searching on the forums it seems that people like the FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter so I think I'm going to give that a try. However, I can't seem to find a general consensus on engine air filters.

I've used a mix of OEM and aftermarket engine filters (paper, oil, etc) in other cars in the past. I'm curious what you guys prefer in your TSX's.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
It doesnt matter to be honest, Pick a quality brand and youll be fine. I use a K&N just because I can clean it, re oil it and put it back on and it costs about 30 bucks every year.

But there are a few downsides to an oiled filter...You win some and you loose some, take your pick!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a K&N on some cars in the past but I've gotten lazier as I've gotten older and would just prefer to toss than to wash. I've done some more Googling and it seems like people are pretty pleased with FRAM, Napa Gold, Wix, and Puralator Pure One. So basically like you said, anything. ;-)

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I stick with OEM air filters. They filter air the best and remove the most particulates.
I had a K&N drop in before, but I did not like how thin the filter element was (you could see right through it) You might pick up a few hp due to less restriction, but you are dirtying up your engine alot (which leads to more wear) when you do not filter your air enough.
I know people have been using K&N's for years, but after reading up alot on bobistheoilguy.com, the general consensus is cleaner air = less silicates = less wear on engine internals.

thats my .02, but I would certainly read up on this subject.

Im pretty religious when it comes to oem oil, air filters, fluids etc. It might be more expensive up front, but you are guaranteed to never have an issue, plus it gives you peace of mind as well.

Reactions: griffojm

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I stick with OEM air filters. They filter air the best and remove the most particulates.
I had a K&N drop in before, but I did not like how thin the filter element was (you could see right through it) You might pick up a few hp due to less restriction, but you are dirtying up your engine alot (which leads to more wear) when you do not filter your air enough.
I know people have been using K&N's for years, but after reading up alot on bobistheoilguy.com, the general consensus is cleaner air = less silicates = less wear on engine internals.

thats my .02, but I would certainly read up on this subject.

Im pretty religious when it comes to oem oil, air filters, fluids etc. It might be more expensive up front, but you are guaranteed to never have an issue, plus it gives you peace of mind as well.
OEM air filters are usually outsourced and rebranded. I forgot who makes the tsx air filters, but I remember it wasn't in house Honda.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
OEM air filters are usually outsourced and rebranded. I forgot who makes the tsx air filters, but I remember it wasn't in house Honda.
You are correct, My Honda air filter has Filtech labeled on it. Honda usually doesn't make filters, but they do select and use manufacturers who have high quality. The filtech filters compared to the auto store brands are loads better in terms of quality, Ive put them side by side and the difference is very apparent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts