Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a stupid question, so please be nice :nervous:

Is Enkei the manufacturer of the OEM rims? If so, does that mean there's a good chance that if I pick up, say, 18" Enkei's, our stock center caps will fit in them?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes and No ~
Enkei does make the rims for our cars
but the center caps wont fit on enkei's aftermarket rims .. ~
the caps r simply different in size design and shape

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well... worth a shot --- One bloke in my office building has some Enkei's on his Mitsubishi Eclipse, and was able to keep his stock center caps. They make the wheels look "stock." It's a nice clean look, but oh well...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Andy is quite right if not almost.

The other problem or concern is ... Honda don't have 18s from factory, so finding the same size or applicable centre caps will be a problem.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
Andy is quite right if not almost.

The other problem or concern is ... Honda don't have 18s from factory, so finding the same size or applicable centre caps will be a problem.
the TL A-spec rims r 18" ... ~ and it's also made by enkei .. ~
that might be a his only luck .. ~ but still .. ~ the caps r still quite different .. ~

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
Aren't those Acura caps? ;)
:laugh: u die hard JDM fan .. ~

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually, Hitachi makes our wheels, not Enkei. I just looked it up on Honda's part catalog and the description is this:

Disk, Aluminum Wheel (17x7J)(Hitachi) and they weight 8.5Kg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
moda_way said:
Actually, Hitachi makes our wheels, not Enkei. I just looked it up on Honda's part catalog and the description is this:

Disk, Aluminum Wheel (17x7J)(Hitachi) and they weight 8.5Kg.
So whats the explanation behind these wheel....made by enkei and honda?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hondacrv said:
So whats the explanation behind these wheel....made by enkei and honda?
Honda, like most companies outsources to others to make their wheels. I can find plenty of other models that were made by Enkei, like the RSX Type-S wheels, but ours are listed in the parts catalog as being made by Hitachi.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hondacrv said:
Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated!
Let me know if you want anymore specs. I've had quite a surprise when I looked up a few things on the catalog.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm..Maybe you have an answer for me. I dont know much about offsets..but my vehicle (hondacrv as you can see by my name) has a range offset range of +45,40,35. The wheels I want to get is a Enkei TSX 17'x7, 5x114.3 bolt pattern with offset of +55. Will this be okay? Advantage/DisAdvantage?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No need to answer that question..got my question and problems resolve.
Thanks moda_way..you seem to be the only one active in this forum :-(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hondacrv said:
No need to answer that question..got my question and problems resolve.
Thanks moda_way..you seem to be the only one active in this forum :-(
I looked it up late last night an nothing in the parts catalog about offset, but I know you would be more inside the wheel well, so I could see an issue with turning radius.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts