Acura TSX Forum banner

241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts

Lower than I hoped for but it's a start.
SAE correction factor is stricter so lower numbers are expected. In STD factor your car is probably close to 220 hp.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
otesrepsaj I assume you had it custom tuned?

·
Registered
694 Posts
change your tuner, in VTEC with such setup VTC 40-45 gives more power. VTEC point is too high also !
You're not the first one to suggest that. But I checked with the tuner and he seemed to know his stuff. The max value of my fuel map is at 40 degree but somehow it doesn't translate into smooth transition into VTEC. Let me dig out my experimental cal and maybe continue the discussion elsewhere.

·
5,036 Posts
Yes it's a tuner that my shop deals with who used to work for Honda R&D; it was done on a dynapack that is apparently calibrated to dynojet specs
Hmmmmmmm

I was about to ask what dyno you did it on and was going to assume you were on a roller dyno but surprised it was on a dynapack. Since a lot of the dynos on here were on a dynapack it's pretty easy to try and compare your numbers with other dynapack's number. It's hard to tell what numbers you're supposed to be getting now with a 07 motor since the dyno is calibrated for other readings.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, General
1,689 Posts
Hmmmmmmm

I was about to ask what dyno you did it on and was going to assume you were on a roller dyno but surprised it was on a dynapack. Since a lot of the dynos on here were on a dynapack it's pretty easy to try and compare your numbers with other dynapack's number. It's hard to tell what numbers you're supposed to be getting now with a 07 motor since the dyno is calibrated for other readings.
Well if what they told me about the calibration is true, I will assume that my numbers came out lower as on a dynojet but should read higher on a regular dynapack :)

·
5,036 Posts
Well if what they told me about the calibration is true, I will assume that my numbers came out lower as on a dynojet but should read higher on a regular dynapack :)
Yes, that's what I was trying to point out. Dynapack (hub dyno) will usually read higher than Dynojet (roller dyno). So your numbers will be lower. Now, the percentage difference between Dynojet and Dynapack is unknown to me. So it's hard to estimate the conversion to Dynapack just so you can have a closer comparison to those that have been on the Dynapack.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, General
1,689 Posts
I really like it so far. The tuning process was easy. My tuner really loved the program.

Could have made more power but the exhaust size robbed me of power in the higher rpm's. Going to go with a custom 2.75 or 3 inch exhaust in the future.
I had the same problem apparently. My shop who worked on TSX race cars says K24s need more flow through at the back end and recommends 3" exhausts.

·
Registered
976 Posts
We did 2 pulls up to 7300 and the horsepower dropped off because of the exhaust being restrictive. The car didn't gain any power pass 7k.
What are the specs of the 60r exhaust? You should've easily been able to make power past 7k rpms with your existing mods.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Year / Transmission
2004/AT

Mods to engine and drivetrian
Intake / Throttle Body / Header / Cat-Test Pipe / Exhaust

CT-E Icebox/J35 TB/CT-E/Fastline high-flow cat/04 stock
Pulley Kit / Flywheel:
Stock
Cams / VTC Upgrade / Valvetrain / Pistons:
06 intake cam/45 VTC/stock/stock
Supercharger / Turbo / Neither:
NA
Engine Management or Reflash?

FlashPro
Other
06 airtube, 06 RBB intake manifold runner

Pic of chart:

The curves from top to bottom
- Mods mentioned above
- CT-E I/H + reflash
- Mods mentioned above, but minus HFC and with RSP IM instead of 06 RBB

VTEC switch over is at 3550 rpm. Max VTC angle is 45 degree right after VTEC switchover.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
Year / Transmission
2006/MT

(please don't list suspension mods):
Gruppe M/Toda Header/ Toda test pipe
Pulley Kit / Flywheel:
Comptech flywheel
stock
stock
stock

Horsepower Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]
Torque Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]??? (RPM not shown on graph)

Pic of chart:

Wheel Dyno,
3rd gear

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Bring on the mods phorist!!

Here is mine from 18 months ago. Had a loose intake cover so maybe a few more ponies to be had?
Mod list in signature.

Here is it compared to a cl9 with RRC, injen cai, exhaust and larger throttle body. No tuning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
First Dyno

Finally got on a dyno.
Year / Transmission
06/Auto

(please don't list suspension mods):
Custom 3"/stock/CT-E/FLP HF Cat/Stock
Pulley Kit / Flywheel:
UR stock diameter crank pulley
None
CT-E supercharger w/3.15" pulley
Flashpro
Other
_

Horsepower Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]
Torque Peak @ RPM:
204tq

Pic of chart:
https://flic.kr/p/osmXBp

ONE embed of YouTube of pull:
TSX Supercharged pull. - YouTube

Shop name / Type of Dyno / Gear of Pull:
Performence And Styling/Dynapack/3rd

Approx Temp / Altitude / Humidity
95degrees/250ft above sea level/49%

·
Registered
1 Posts
European K24a3.
RRC intake manifold wided to 70mm, P2R tb adapter wided to 70mm, J35 tb, Weapon-R header and intake, Drag Cartel drop in cams, 40° vtc, 200 cellcat, catback, Fidanza Flywheel, TSX 06 ECU with Flashpro, thermal gaskets.
Nice! checked it on DC's Facebook page!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Motor: 06 full k24a2 Rsx
Header: dc header
Cams: stock
Intake: cold air intake
Exhaust: Custom 2.5
Tranny: Itr 4.7fd
Misc Mods: RBC/65a mounts/ kpro/ 70 mm HR green throttle body/ torque dampner/still have k24 oil pump

216whp 184tq

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nothing to rave about but here's my set up/numbers. Dyno used was a Dynapack 3000 @BlackTrax tuned by Jei. This particular dyno reads really low, from word of mouth roughly 35-40whp lower than Churches so take that for what its worth.

06 K24a2
06 RBB IM 64mm
06 RBB TB 64mm
Injen 3" CAI
RBC 50* VTC
WeaponR header w/ Magnaflow spun HFC
3" single exit crush bent exhaust w/ OEM TSX muffler(Eventually will be swaped out)
Ktuner ECU
CA 91 octane

Red - Stock catback
Green - 3" setup.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nothing to rave about but here's my set up/numbers. Dyno used was a Dynapack 3000 @Blacktrax tuned by Jei. This particular dyno reads really low, from word of mouth roughly 35-40whp lower than Churches so take that for what its worth.

06 K24a2
06 RBB IM 64mm
06 RBB TB 64mm
Injen 3" CAI
RBC 50* VTC
WeaponR header w/ Magnaflow spun HFC
3" single exit crush bent exhaust w/ OEM TSX muffler(Eventually will be swaped out)
Ktuner ECU
CA 91 octane

Red - Stock catback
Green - 3" setup.

Red one is also tuned, right?

At least the exhaust smoothed out the power delivery and if you look only at 6-7k, the gain is substantial. I also expect a little more gain above 5k. Curious how much you will get by swapping out oem muffler with higher-flow one.

I assume this is a manual since I know Jei doesn't touch automatic.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes 6 speed and yeah both set ups were tuned by Jei, the exhaust most certainly smoothed out power delivery.

The higher flow muffler is only going to net 3-5whp peak power, but should give me a very healthy increase in the midrange.

With a RBC IM I'm sure the 5k+ gain you were thinking about would be present, but i much prefer the linear torque the RBB provides for DD purposes.

241 - 260 of 299 Posts
About this Discussion
298 Replies
95 Participants
clint604
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing