Horsepower Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]
Torque Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]

Pic of chart:

Shop name / Type of Dyno / Gear of Pull:
Advance Powerhouse & Dyno / Dyna Pack / 4th

Notes
162,000km at the time. Denso O2 sensor install, intake install, valve adjustment, spark plugs, oil change, M/T fluid change were performed prior to dyno tune.

I'm satisfied with the results. :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
2007 / 6 MT

Mods to engine and drivetrain:
Injen Cold Air Intake / Hytech 4-2-1 Header (Real) / Renault Racing Cat (Hytech) / Hytech Dual Catback

Flywheel:
Exedy RSX 8.9lbs Flywheel / Exedy RSX Stage 1 Clutch

Engine Management:
Hondata Flashpro

Other:
162,000km. Shell 91 Octane. New Denso O2 Sensor, Valve Adjustment, Oil Change with Mobil 1, M/t Fluid Change, New Spark plugs prior to dyno tune.

Horsepower Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]
Torque Peak @ RPM:
[email protected]

Pic of chart:

Shop name / Type of Dyno / Gear of Pull:
Advance Powerhouse & Dyno/ Dynapack / 4th gear pull

Approx Temp / Altitude / Humidity
20°C / N/A / 60%

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just got a dyno tune yesterday. Here are the numbers:

2007 6-speed Manual

Mods:
- CT-E Icebox
- UR Pulleys (Crank + Alternator)
- DC Headers
- VTC 45*
- Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
- P2R Throttlebody Gasket
- Custom FlashPro Tune

Horsepower Peak @ RPM: [email protected]

Torque Peak @ RPM: [email protected]

Shop name / Type of Dyno: Church Automotive using Dynapack Dyno

Approx Temp / Altitude / Humidity: 73* F, 30’, 68%
Nice improvement, correlates well with Hondata's various dyno plots on TSX engines.
Is the green line stock?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice improvement, correlates well with Hondata's various dyno plots on TSX engines.
Is the green line stock?
The green line is actually from an out of the box basemap from Hondata's flashpro that I was running up until the custom tune. The green line's basemap was for the "TSX-07-2-Tuned" which accounts for Injen CAI, Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket, and stock 25* VTC wheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2008 - 6 Speed 109k miles

Mods to engine and drive train:
-Stock

Pulley Kit / Flywheel:
-Stock

Engine Management or Reflash?
-Serge Bo Reflash ONLY

Other:
-shell 91 octane
-fresh Eneos 5w30
-new plugs

Dynojet dyno calibrated by Dynojet themselves @ Insane Power in Henderson, NV(vegas)

95 degrees, 50% humidity

SAE Horsepower Peak @:
185whp
SAE Torque @
153wtq

next up, install CT icebox, PLM header, 3 inch exhaust with Borla multicore muffler and E cutout, UR crank pulley, Hondata IMG and P2R tb spacer then redyno. gonna shoot for 225whp+ with this setup. do you think its possible?

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts

-Stock

Pulley Kit / Flywheel:
-Stock

-Serge Bo Reflash ONLY

Other:
-shell 91 octane
-fresh Eneos 5w30
-new plugs

Dynojet dyno calibrated by Dynojet themselves @ Insane Power in Henderson, NV(vegas)

95 degrees, 50% humidity

SAE Horsepower Peak @:
185whp
SAE Torque @
153wtq

next up, install CT icebox, PLM header, 3 inch exhaust with Borla multicore muffler and E cutout, UR crank pulley, Hondata IMG and P2R tb spacer then redyno. gonna shoot for 225whp+ with this setup. do you think its possible?
I just got the same reflash myself and was curious about the dyno numbers. Thanks for posting.

Adding 40 whp with your planned setup may be a bit of a stretch. Looking at juicemoney’s post (# 282), his dyno readings showed 220 whp and his setup adds light flywheel and custom flashpro tune. Granted every dyno reads differently, but +40 whp is a big gap that the bolt ons you listed will likely not cover. My guess is that the mods you listed will net ~30 whp gain on the same dyno. Us N/A guys have to spend a lot more to gain each horsepower unfortunately.

That said, peak whp isn’t everything. Tuned right, those mods will feel great in part throttle scenarios which is how we drive 90% of the time anyways.

If you want to further improve your midrange power, I would recommend RSX VTC actuator and custom Flashpro tune to take advantage of extra degrees of actuation with the intake camshaft. Also, at your mileage, it’ll be a good idea to adjust the intake and exhaust valves which could net you a few ponies and reduce the valvetrain noise.

·
Registered
694 Posts

-Stock

Pulley Kit / Flywheel:
-Stock

-Serge Bo Reflash ONLY

Other:
-shell 91 octane
-fresh Eneos 5w30
-new plugs

95 degrees, 50% humidity

SAE Horsepower Peak @:
185whp
SAE Torque @
153wtq

Same opinion as phen8tk, +40hp is probably not attainable. Maybe 35, and this absolutely requires 3" exhaust (loud as hell at WOT) to extract every ounce at the top end. Which means you need littlebo to re-tune the car.

For your reference, my 04 gained only ~30 hp from Icebox with reflash, to nearly-maximum bolt-ons (06 intake, 06 cam, 45 VTC, race header, HFC, but stock exhaust). And this is an 04 engine, which benefits more from flow improvements because it flows less than 06 in stock form.

IMO, enjoy the improved response and mid-top-range punch from race header, and don't focus too much on the numbers. You will gain more power, and any gain is good on our cars.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Same opinion as phen8tk, +40hp is probably not attainable. Maybe 35, and this absolutely requires 3" exhaust (loud as hell at WOT) to extract every ounce at the top end. Which means you need littlebo to re-tune the car.

For your reference, my 04 gained only ~30 hp from Icebox with reflash, to nearly-maximum bolt-ons (06 intake, 06 cam, 45 VTC, race header, HFC, but stock exhaust. And this is an 04 engine, which benefits more from flow improvements because it flows less than 06 in stock form.

IMO, enjoy the improved response and mid-top-range punch from race header, and don't focus too much on the numbers. You will gain more power, and any gain is good on our cars.
Dude your motor is so choked with that stock exhaust system. It's not really feasible usually on the dyno but it would be interesting to see how much power you have in the exhaust by unbolting the exhaust and doing a dyno run. I completely understand why you're running your stock exhaust system though, the noise of a 3" exhaust is...:tardsmash
On that note I plan on running two resonators when I get my exhaust sorted out in either 2.5" or 3.0".

·
Registered
694 Posts
Dude your motor is so choked with that stock exhaust system. It's not really feasible usually on the dyno but it would be interesting to see how much power you have in the exhaust by unbolting the exhaust and doing a dyno run. I completely understand why you're running your stock exhaust system though, the noise of a 3" exhaust is...:tardsmash
On that note I plan on running two resonators when I get my exhaust sorted out in either 2.5" or 3.0".
I know I know, I have seen 2.2lude's 3" vs stock exhaust dyno, so there is probably at least 10hp left on the table. But on AT cars, 3" exhaust is going to drone like crazy during daily commute when the engine stays below 2.5k.

For 2.25 or 2.5", I think the gain is much less than 3" (since flow rate is proportional to diameter^2) and not worthy of the increase in noise.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know I know, I have seen 2.2lude's 3" vs stock exhaust dyno, so there is probably at least 10hp left on the table. But on AT cars, 3" exhaust is going to drone like crazy during daily commute when the engine stays below 2.5k.

For 2.25 or 2.5", I think the gain is much less than 3" (since flow rate is proportional to diameter^2) and not worthy of the increase in noise.
Im just giving you shit😆.
I have yet to hear a nice sounding exhaust on a NA 4cyl automatic, let alone one with a 3” exhaust. I can only imagine the noise from that.
Speaking of automatic, that trans is probably robbing you for a good amount of power also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got the same reflash myself and was curious about the dyno numbers. Thanks for posting.

Adding 40 whp with your planned setup may be a bit of a stretch. Looking at juicemoney’s post (# 282), his dyno readings showed 220 whp and his setup adds light flywheel and custom flashpro tune. Granted every dyno reads differently, but +40 whp is a big gap that the bolt ons you listed will likely not cover. My guess is that the mods you listed will net ~30 whp gain on the same dyno. Us N/A guys have to spend a lot more to gain each horsepower unfortunately.

That said, peak whp isn’t everything. Tuned right, those mods will feel great in part throttle scenarios which is how we drive 90% of the time anyways.

If you want to further improve your midrange power, I would recommend RSX VTC actuator and custom Flashpro tune to take advantage of extra degrees of actuation with the intake camshaft. Also, at your mileage, it’ll be a good idea to adjust the intake and exhaust valves which could net you a few ponies and reduce the valvetrain noise.

For your reference, my 04 gained only ~30 hp from Icebox with reflash, to nearly-maximum bolt-ons (06 intake, 06 cam, 45 VTC, race header, HFC, but stock exhaust). And this is an 04 engine, which benefits more from flow improvements because it flows less than 06 in stock form.

Thanks for the informative response guys. yes maybe 40hp may not be with what I listed. but we shall see. this is the first car ive dynoed close to stock like this! This is my daily aswell as I have a '99 4runner and 600hp turbo e36 but will plan to make the power weight ratio better than e36 m3s and on to e46 m3s later as money permits. all motor too. I want to learn to race on the road course with this.

after some research I decided to sell my CT icebox. looks like 3 inch intakes are holding about 5-10whp back from the K motors according to K20.org guys so I will be building a custom 3.5" with BPI Velocity stack. this is a budget build as of right now. I have $200 for reflash, spent $180 for intake which i will sell, $140 for Borla muffler, $280 for used PLM header, and $70 ebay e cutout. just need to buy the UR crank pulley and P2r spacer and Hondata IMG.

my exhaust will only be loud on demand. I cant stand being race car honda loud 24/7.

My exhaust will be PLM header modified with 3 inch vband collector--> 3 inch piping to Vibrant ultra quite resonator -->>Borla 21'' multicore muffler--->> E cut out(switch inside)-->>single stock tsx muffler.

One day I will buy flash pro and the rsx VTC and the RRC IM and shoot for 250whp.

then last stage 4Piston Pro TSX head with RR3 cams and shoot for 290whp stock block. it may be a dream but will shoot for it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks for the informative response guys. yes maybe 40hp may not be with what I listed. but we shall see. this is the first car ive dynoed close to stock like this! This is my daily aswell as I have a '99 4runner and 600hp turbo e36 but will plan to make the power weight ratio better than e36 m3s and on to e46 m3s later as money permits. all motor too. I want to learn to race on the road course with this.

after some research I decided to sell my CT icebox. looks like 3 inch intakes are holding about 5-10whp back from the K motors according to K20.org guys so I will be building a custom 3.5" with BPI Velocity stack. this is a budget build as of right now. I have $200 for reflash, spent $180 for intake which i will sell, $140 for Borla muffler, $280 for used PLM header, and $70 ebay e cutout. just need to buy the UR crank pulley and P2r spacer and Hondata IMG.

my exhaust will only be loud on demand. I cant stand being race car honda loud 24/7.

My exhaust will be PLM header modified with 3 inch vband collector--> 3 inch piping to Vibrant ultra quite resonator -->>Borla 21'' multicore muffler--->> E cut out(switch inside)-->>single stock tsx muffler.

One day I will buy flash pro and the rsx VTC and the RRC IM and shoot for 250whp.

then last stage 4Piston Pro TSX head with RR3 cams and shoot for 290whp stock block. it may be a dream but will shoot for it.
That sounds like a good plan. From what I have seen on K20a with 3.5 intake, RRC, and 3" exhaust, +50 should be possible. But I do feel for street-use, K24 likes RBB more than RBC/RSP/RRC.

I am especially curious with the e-cutout, way to go for best of both worlds. Please share your progress!

·
Registered
8 Posts
That sounds like a good plan. From what I have seen on K20a with 3.5 intake, RRC, and 3" exhaust, +50 should be possible. But I do feel for street-use, K24 likes RBB more than RBC/RSP/RRC.

I am especially curious with the e-cutout, way to go for best of both worlds. Please share your progress!
yes i actually may keep the RBB because I love the torque. but i sure will. gotta install header first then rest of custom exhaust after that. hope it works out as planned! ill do vids for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have gone through all 20 pages but haven't quite found the answer to my question. I was wondering if anyone can help!

1. How much can one expect to gain with headers and a tune? I can see that many of our fellow members are saying that the sensation and mid to top end pulls much harder! Would i be correct to say 25-35 whp from a tune and headers?

2. I read on the Hondata website FAQs that the reflash does not add power on a stock car but instead increases gains from your other mods. Is that true?

Thank you so much guys!

·
Registered
694 Posts
1. How much can one expect to gain with headers and a tune? I can see that many of our fellow members are saying that the sensation and mid to top end pulls much harder! Would i be correct to say 25-35 whp from a tune and headers?

2. I read on the Hondata website FAQs that the reflash does not add power on a stock car but instead increases gains from your other mods. Is that true?

Thank you so much guys!
1. Assuming stock exhaust and with HFC, race header around +30 and something like CT-E is around +20.

2. Reflash definitely adds power, mainly because VTEC window is increased from 6-7k to 5-7k. The Reflash complements intake and can handle non-race headers, but will be on the lean side with race header.

·
Registered
672 Posts
1. Assuming stock exhaust and with HFC, race header around +30 and something like CT-E is around +20.

2. Reflash definitely adds power, mainly because VTEC window is increased from 6-7k to 5-7k. The Reflash complements intake and can handle non-race headers, but will be on the lean side with race header.
Thats awful optimistic. I wouldn't bet on netting 30+ whp with just a header and a tune.

Depends on the header, but even $1k+ race headers are only going to be good for ~10 hp on their own. I'd say gaining 20whp isn't impossible from solely a header and a tune, but it isn't likely. 30+ whp pick ups take more work on these cars unfortunately.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thats awful optimistic. I wouldn't bet on netting 30+ whp with just a header and a tune.

Depends on the header, but even $1k+ race headers are only going to be good for ~10 hp on their own. I'd say gaining 20whp isn't impossible from solely a header and a tune, but it isn't likely. 30+ whp pick ups take more work on these cars unfortunately.
Yeah I think I forgot to add the assumption of an intake...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Depreinds

My car has a cm2 jdm swap of unknown unknowns with a CT box, plm header, 3inch exhaust and HFC and it put down 220 on a dynapak that has a 12% driveline loss or 250 crank - considering the cm2 is rated at 200ps or 197hp on 101 ron or 96 octane and all I can get is 91 octane - averages for this motor are 190hp - that means I am making 60hp with these mods on a tired engine at sea level on a 70 degree day - take away the the 3inch exhaust but add an 08 engine thats well maintained and you'd still get 30whp possible on most dynos at sea level.

281 - 299 of 299 Posts
About this Discussion
298 Replies
95 Participants
clint604
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing