Acura TSX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Still working on getting all the right parts here. Like I said, Im getting all aftermarket setups, some are custom or havent been produced yet. Others are just hard to find quickly. Dont worry Lee, its gonna get done :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lol i just finished my 6sp swap... OMG it was intense... nothing bolts on.. it was a troubling experience.... LOL also, don't use OEM clutch or OEM pressure plate.. THEY Suck major Penis. get a lighterflywheel... like 10lbs. and like a stage 1 clutch kit and you'll be good.. =) ENJOYING my car now.... lol shaved off a LOT of weight =0 no more weightloss for me! muahahah

LOL if you have any questions Email [email protected]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Also, i got the Si tranny off a 2007 with LSD... wooo.. got it for 600 =) lol STEAL!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh. lol i wanted to surprise everybody. I got the work done with my buddy at a shop.

Swap is very difficult... took us almost 2 weeks to get everything running perfectly...

I did not use axles from AT, as i had 112k miles, and it came in the parts we purchased...

Overall, parts ran us about... 2300 dollars.. as 400 dollars for clutchmaster stage2 clutch w/ flywheel.

I'll post up pics when i get the car back, still in shop but the swap is DONE.

LSD runs sweet with TSX... it's like something that should have been included.. it helps this fatass turn!

·
Registered
427 Posts
My buddy who does Acura/Honda/Nissan swaps, is crazy with this stuff..
He said using AT ECU is bad, as gears are tuned to a certain way, and also using stock harness will give CEL, so decided to buy a MT harness and MT ECU.

Just purchased an 06+ MT cluster off ebay =) SOO LUCKY! haha

·
Registered
427 Posts
also, i never really do forums much.. untill now... i saw myself as a moocher of information, but now i'll provide to this forum.. lol Thanks Leemaster pointing that out.. haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
finally got some free time and got the reverse light hooked up and got rid of all the AT lights on the cluster by just covering it over with blk vinyl (it turned out great and you can't even notice it at all after you put the cover back on)

·
Registered
427 Posts
are you using the TSX tranny? I used an SI, and the Vehicle Speed Sensor had to be redrilled and repositioned... cause it's on the high-side... Watch out for that.

·
Registered
427 Posts
wait i am wrong.... the speed sensor does not need to be moved.. the SI is a FULL swap over to the TSX. with higher ratio gears.. =P.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Still have problems with the tranny now... will post up EVERYTHING this saturday! So be ready! =P FUll writeup! But the pedal.. Was the biggest PITA EVER!

·
Registered
427 Posts
theres some problems with the engine, as it's running at low RPM. locating a different ECU and getting a new harness.... problems with the ecu communicating with transmission,car feels funny... Going back on drawing board. =( havn't had my car for almost a month now!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,873 Posts
finally got some free time and got the reverse light hooked up and got rid of all the AT lights on the cluster by just covering it over with blk vinyl (it turned out great and you can't even notice it at all after you put the cover back on)
What do you mean about the reverse light? What must be changed with the reverse lights?

·
Registered
427 Posts
on automatic, the reverse light is located on the shifter.. on a MT, the revere light sensor is located In the transmission.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,873 Posts
on automatic, the reverse light is located on the shifter.. on a MT, the revere light sensor is located In the transmission.
What wiring harness is this part of? I am buying a complete donor car so I will just be sure to switch out all the needed harnesses. Basically will be gutting two TSX's to complete this project so that I can leave everything look 100% stock. Yes that would be the cause of my OCD.

·
Registered
427 Posts
on automatic the reverse light is on dash harness,
on manual trans the reverse light is on engine harness cause it has to plug in on tranny.......

OH, using AT ecu is a bad idea... tried my best to use to AT harness on an AT ecu.. and got like EVERY problem known to man....... VSA, CEL and scanner said like 6 codes.. all transmission related. =P

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh yes, clutch start bypass needs to be done as well.. you gotta pin the shifter, because the shifter harness also has the start lockout, so you cant start without it. =D "our MT ecu was stolen from the shop" so i just ordered another one =( bye bye Benjamin!

·
Registered
427 Posts
also, civic SI trans is not bolt on... at all. =( shifter cables needed to be extended by an inch for me to be able to shift..... and also a custom bracket needed to be made to hold the top part of the tranny in. I can get these made for like 100 bucks if you need it =) SI trans is better.. imo and easier to locate that a TSX MT tranny.. =D just gotta extend those cables.... "welding skills to the max" i'll get them done for you if you ship them to me and give me 20 bux =D

81 - 100 of 138 Posts
About this Discussion
137 Replies
41 Participants
Kriscl9
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing