Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
you can use the gearing but not the tranny . i asked few people they said it wouldnt fit . Myself is doing manual swap next week, i am pumped . slap on lsd and clutch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could post up pictures of their clutch master cylinder mounting. I have an 08 Auto TSX and a 92 hatch with a stroked K26 and a RSX type S tranny in it. I cannot imagine that the swap can be harder than the amount of work I had to do in the EG but it seems as though no one has posted any pictures of any of the steps taken to do this swap. Do you think that if I get all the clutch parts, console parts, and the appropriate mounts that I would be good to go dropping the motor from the hatch into the tsx? Any help or advise would be appreciated I just dont want to go into this blind and be without both cars for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
so is a front crossmember needed to do at to mt sense the at sits different?

·
Registered
175 Posts
so i did a automati to manual swap . and when i went to tune it vtec didnt kick in beacause the speedometer didnt work, sense im using AT harness instead of MT harness. anyone else have the same problem? and does anybody know the MT harness part number?

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello all i have a cl9 2003 im begining a swap and collecting all the parts.

. list of parts i got

*2 mt tranny mounts*
*shifter and knob*
*shift cables*
*clutch & brake pedals with clutch lines master cylinder slave cylinder*
*half shaft*
*tranny*
what else should i get..?
i want to stay with my harness gauges and ecu
i would like to see some swap pictures if anyone have.. and what about the clutch bracket pic thanks..

·
Registered
7 Posts
to all of you out there!!

ive been followed this thread and realize that i ordered parts that i dont need!!!!!!

so.. - halfshaft is the same!!! and the mounts are the same except 1 bracket!

so whats going on here! with the "official swap"

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
so whats going on here! with the "official swap"
Life got in the way. The TSX was totaled, as my wife t-boned some poor guy. Prior to that I had just bought a S2000 for a more fun track car. After the TSX was gone, I sold the S2K, bought a Datsun 280z, Nissan 350z, and a Rav4. Long story short, the project never came to fruition.

But, it's still able to be done. I always felt bad for not being able to complete the project and actually considered buying another A/T CL9 to show the process, since I had all the parts for the swap still in my shop.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
bro, any trades for that mt swap if not price?
I already got rid of them. I had a sale post a long while back with no bites. I really wish someone on here would have bought it as I sold the whole swap to a shop for cheap.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts
About this Discussion
137 Replies
41 Participants
Kriscl9
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing