Acura TSX Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
PoPo
147 Posts
^ I'd love to go 225 but that was on an 06 Accord Coupe and I could of fit bigger sized tires than on a TSX. On the TSX a 225 you would need a nice little pull in the rear

·
Registered
305 Posts
Crappy picture lol, I'll take some quality pictures when I have time
Lowered on BC Racing
ESR SR02-18x9.5+35
Nankang NS-20-215/40
No fenders rolled yet but rears needs to be rolled slightly only.
Front needs to be lowered a bit also lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question.

I have an 05 tsx on the aspec suspension. Would a set of 18x9 +30 fit without pulling fenders and having any camber?

I'm looking to go with tires 225/40.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So rolling fenders alone will not suffice? I prefer not to pull my fenders and I daily drive my tsx too so I wouldn't want camber if avoidable.

Anyone have any suggestions on wheel size/width/offset and tires if I'm slightly dropped on the A-Spec Suspension and I don't want to pull/camber?

I'm looking to get 18 inch wheels.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
So rolling fenders alone will not suffice? I prefer not to pull my fenders and I daily drive my tsx too so I wouldn't want camber if avoidable.

Anyone have any suggestions on wheel size/width/offset and tires if I'm slightly dropped on the A-Spec Suspension and I don't want to pull/camber?

I'm looking to get 18 inch wheels.
Your main problem would be out front. If you do a slight role, you'll be fine.

If you want absolutely no rolling, look for a 18x9 +40

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your main problem would be out front. If you do a slight role, you'll be fine.

If you want absolutely no rolling, look for a 18x9 +40
Considering a 18x9 +35 setup. Looking for a good DD setup that is going to maximize performance & have a nice "Track day" look (I like an aggressive performance-oriented look). Considering a RP-F1 (looks like @ that size/offset, the wheel starts to have a "dished" appearance, doesn't it?)

I have no aversion to rolling, but don't want to have to pull the fenders/quarters. I saw the example on Pg1. does anyone else have any other examples? Maybe I should go with 8" or 8.5" width? Thoughts?

·
Registered
100 Posts
18x9.5+15 205/40 federal
-5 camber front -6 rear
rolled front fenders, shaved rear

17x9+22 235/40 S-drive
-1.9 camber front -2.9 rear

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
whats upp everyone ive gather some good ideas on what wheel setup id like the most wheel poke I was thinking a 18x9.5 w/35 offset 214-40-18 tire or a
18x9.5 30offset front an 20 offset in the rear same tire size what do u think

·
Registered
366 Posts
17x9+22 235/40 S-drive
-1.9 camber front -2.9 rear
Do you have anymore info on this setup? I'm guessing you already modified your fenders before you put these wheels on?

I'm looking at grabbing some 17x8 +25 wheels for winter, but I was planning on running a 235/45/17 tire. The wheels are 1" more narrow then yours, but I'm trying to avoid hacking up my fenders.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Do you have anymore info on this setup? I'm guessing you already modified your fenders before you put these wheels on?

I'm looking at grabbing some 17x8 +25 wheels for winter, but I was planning on running a 235/45/17 tire. The wheels are 1" more narrow then yours, but I'm trying to avoid hacking up my fenders.
17x8 +25 with 235/45 are pretty beefy tires, basically similar to running 18x8 on stretched tires because of the high sidewall so if you want to achieve the similar height you will most likely have to roll your fenders and Q panel

·
Registered
366 Posts
17x8 +25 with 235/45 are pretty beefy tires, basically similar to running 18x8 on stretched tires because of the high sidewall so if you want to achieve the similar height you will most likely have to roll your fenders and Q panel
Yeah I was afraid of that, his appear to be rolled pretty aggressive also. I'm came across a set of wheels that looked promising but not worth the trouble for winter wheels.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'm still looking for that wheel poke, I know how people will say its an ugly look but its what I like, not sure should I run a 35 or 22 offset all around with a 9.5 wheel tires 215.40.18 or run a stager setup up with 35 in the front an a 22 offset in the rear

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
hey guys I pulled the trigger an I ordered a set of new wheels..
18x10 25 offset now I'm stuck on what size wheels, either 215-35-18 or 225-35-18

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
hey guys I pulled the trigger an I ordered a set of new wheels..
18x10 25 offset now I'm stuck on what size wheels, either 215-35-18 or 225-35-18
I would say 215/35-18 it would look similar to the pic i posted, which will give you enough clearance so your tires wouldnt rub.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please do not run a 215/35 on a 10" wheel. The ride quality will be horrible it's not a safe stretch. If anyone tells you otherwise they either don't know what they are talking about or don't actually drive there car. I was running 18x10.5 +18 and did a 215/40 and I tried a 225/40 but that was just to much tire.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Please do not run a 215/35 on a 10" wheel. The ride quality will be horrible it's not a safe stretch. If anyone tells you otherwise they either don't know what they are talking about or don't actually drive there car. I was running 18x10.5 +18 and did a 215/40 and I tried a 225/40 but that was just to much tire.

I know what I'm talking about and I daily my car. Road noise does increase but that's about it... I ran 215/35 on a 18x10.5 all around before and I daily my car on a slammed height, driving roughly 30-40 miles a day for the past 2 years

It is a safe stretch as long as you're not a reckless driver.
know your roads & avoid potholes (with any stretch tires) and you will be good. Never had a single issue with my stretched tires

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

201 - 220 of 233 Posts