Acura TSX Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alright guys, ive searched highs and lows and didnt want to be that guy to ask if it is a good idea or not but i am gonna have to play that card lol.

I have settled on Work Emotion CR Kiwami, 18x8.5 and they offer +47 and a +38, i dont plan on doing any camber or fender mods, but if it comes to fender mods then so be it, but what tire size, offset, should i look at without...yes here it comes...."rubbing" or issues. I used the calculator but really like the feedback of members to help support me in the right direction.

·
Registered
37 Posts
^ I'd recommend 18x8.5 +38 with a 225/40 - it'll sit very nicely (if you don't plan on being extremely low) and you won't have to run much camber. You will need to roll your fenders though.

I'm running 18x8.5 +30 and it sits perfectly. 0 camber up front and -1 rear. I'll post a picture soon

·
Registered
366 Posts
Alright guys, ive searched highs and lows and didnt want to be that guy to ask if it is a good idea or not but i am gonna have to play that card lol.

I have settled on Work Emotion CR Kiwami, 18x8.5 and they offer +47 and a +38, i dont plan on doing any camber or fender mods, but if it comes to fender mods then so be it, but what tire size, offset, should i look at without...yes here it comes...."rubbing" or issues. I used the calculator but really like the feedback of members to help support me in the right direction.
Here is something to give you and idea of what it would look like. I'm running Evo 9 wheels during the winter. These are 17x8 and +38 offset & I'm running 235/45/17 tires. The rear will clear but the front rubs a little. My fenders are stock and not rolled yet. If I raise my car a little which I plan on doing the front will clear. Im not running a camber kit either, just natural camber from lowering my car.

I'm not a fan of the stretched tire look or function so you will get varying opinions. I like higher offset wheels so I can fit big meaty tires on a square setup.

With 18x8.5 +47 you could fit 245/40/18 along with 235/40/18 to play it extremely safe. Or with the +38 offset you could run 235/40/18 or to play it safe a 225/40/18 which is going to be stretched.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome guys thanks for the response guys, can't wait to see your set up rohit, goforbroke thanks for the response, I'd like to see what your normal season set is haha sounds like you're preparing for a harsh winter. Gonna take me a couple weeks to get everything done and over with and I'll post soon thanks again bros !

·
Registered
34 Posts
View attachment 27154 View attachment 27146

Okay so I was denied my increase from discount tire, so I ended up for plan b and got rpf1's. Pretty happy with em too! 235/40/18, 18x8.5 +40 offset, for that spec I'll post that I definitely need a slight roll on my fenders, small slopes really rubs especially a tiny bit of body roll will rub rear.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
hey I guess I learned the hard way not all wheels can take a stretched tire as u see the wheels I got so im forced to use a 225-35-18 tire

·
Registered
165 Posts
These are some of the rims that I'm gonna rock this spring/summer. Only set not in this pic are my Work Meister (17" x 9" 40 offset)

2006 Acura TL Wheels

Advan AVS Model 5 Wheels (17" x 8" 30 offset)

Wedssport SA55M Wheels (18" x 9" 22 offset front & 36 offset rears)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey fellas. I'm planning to pull the trigger on a set of 18x9.5 +12 offset. Don't like the strech tire look. ( I drive the TSX spirited ) I also don't wish to pull any of my fenders. Should I still go for these wheels if so what tire size?

I've read the thread and didn't see this question with these wheels specs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey fellas. I'm planning to pull the trigger on a set of 18x9.5 +12 offset. Don't like the strech tire look. ( I drive the TSX spirited ) I also don't wish to pull any of my fenders. Should I still go for these wheels if so what tire size?

I've read the thread and didn't see this question with these wheels specs.
You might want to do a little more research and play around with the online tire size calculator.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-wheels/85905-thread-end-all-will-these-rims-tires-fit-questions.html

The wheel size and offset you mentioned is super aggressive and would definitely require stretched tires to fit. That offset is super low on a really wide rim to begin with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good evening ladies and gents-

I get my TSX back out of the shop from being painted next week and I want to knock out suspension and wheels. So in the cart currently, I am going to run ST X-Height dampers, Skunk2 front camber arms, SPC rear camber arms and then looking at the Enkei NT03+N with 18x8.5" +35. I am trying to get fenders rolled but no pulling or body work, what do you guys think? 2005 First Gen btw.

Thanks for everyone help in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good evening ladies and gents-

I get my TSX back out of the shop from being painted next week and I want to knock out suspension and wheels. So in the cart currently, I am going to run ST X-Height dampers, Skunk2 front camber arms, SPC rear camber arms and then looking at the Enkei NT03+N with 18x8.5" +35. I am trying to get fenders rolled but no pulling or body work, what do you guys think? 2005 First Gen btw.

Thanks for everyone help in advance.
I have this same wheel and tire combo on my 2006 . Tire size is 225/40-18 . It required just a rear roll on the rear fenders .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm extremely late to this thread, but does anyone have any idea what the stock clearance is from the struts on the 1st gen TSX?

221 - 233 of 233 Posts