Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
got the wheels mounted today and an alignment. crappy iphone pics but will be getting some better photos later tonight ^_^

18x10 +18 Work XD9 all around in matte bronze (pat joe inspired!)
225/40/18 all round center caps coming soon lol.. xD
alignment specs
front camber
DR: -4.4 PASS: -4.7

rear camber
DR: -5.9 PASS: -6.4

gotta even out the rear camber some more

happy w the new set up, just glad i got rid of those mb battles.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Daily Driven, but nothing to extreme

-225/40/18 Kumho tires
-18x8 Rota Torques +35 Offset
-Right now the rear has about -1 camber, and ill be installing a rear camber kit soon
-Fenders rolled all around, slight pull on the front
-Cut fender liners
-Tein Basic Coilovers, rear on last perch.

Rub a bit on some speed humps, dips.

Attachments

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
^ daaayuuuummmnnn man!!! Thanks for posting better pics, looks sick esp with the front 10" ;) btw, yup I felt that happiness too after I get rid of my first rep wheels(rotas) lol... Like what the wise men says "once u go WORK, u can never go back!"haha

·
Registered
126 Posts
^ daaayuuuummmnnn man!!! Thanks for posting better pics, looks sick esp with the front 10" ;) btw, yup I felt that happiness too after I get rid of my first rep wheels(rotas) lol... Like what the wise men says "once u go WORK, u can never go back!"haha
thanks :D yeah its my first set of works! never going to anything else now. on the hunt for a set of work emitz :) only a small bad thing about the 10s in the front, i rub when i turn, needa pull my fronts just a little more :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
same problem

Havent posted in a while... may as well put my setups in =]

Street setup:

SSR Professor SP1
18x9 +25, Nitto Neo Gen 205/40/18 Front
18x9.5 +25 Nitto Neo Gen 215/40/18 Rear

( Pics from my Lowkei.net Feature, recent )

Show Setup
CCW Lm20 Custom Sandwich mounted
18x9.5 +23, Nitto Neo Gen 205/40/18 Front
18x10 +23, Nitto Neo Gen 215/40/18 Rear

( Pics from my Allthingsproper.com Feature... back when I was with Low N Slow Crew. )

My fender liners are cut to allow tire travel
Rear bumper tab shaved off and zip tied deeper in
Front camber spec - 3.8 Degrees
Rear camber spec - 6.8 Degrees
Lowered on Tein Flex with custom springs
shaved my bumper tabs off lol was running 18x9 +20 all around 215/40 tires was not a good idea but whatevers lol

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I have a question that I always want to ask. By going all Stance'd out, can you guys drive and corner fast? I would imagine it still rub from what I heard. But how affected are the handling when you corner?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
I have a question that I always want to ask. By going all Stance'd out, can you guys drive and corner fast? I would imagine it still rub from what I heard. But how affected are the handling when you corner?
Most of the Stanced TSX's ive seen are built for show only... But there are some that gets the best of both worlds, the so called "Function and Form" but for me, I wouldnt even dare to try... Ill prolly pop my bags on the first turn hahaha...(btw, there are some bags setup that's built to race too, AirRex)

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Most of the Stanced TSX's ive seen are built for show only... But there are some that gets the best of both worlds, the so called "Function and Form" but for me, I wouldnt even dare to try... Ill prolly pop my bags on the first turn hahaha...(btw, there are some bags setup that's built to race too, AirRex)
The bags that are built to race are super expensive! But let's say there's a yellow light coming and you need to make a quick turn, you guys can? Or having a little fun on the highway through corners but you guys will rub right? This is kind of what is stopping me to going all Stance'd out

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
The bags that are built to race are super expensive! But let's say there's a yellow light coming and you need to make a quick turn, you guys can? Or having a little fun on the highway through corners but you guys will rub right? This is kind of what is stopping me to going all Stance'd out
Good question. I haven't purchase wheels yet, just because of this stated above.

To the rest of the members, I was wondering would I be safe with a 9.5 and a mild stretch on some 225 tires?

·
Registered
25 Posts
havent posted in a while but my daily
18x8.5 +25 all around with 215/40/18 achillies ats sport

running f2 ht spec coils and ingalls rear camber
front lowered 3 1/4 in
rear lowered 3in

natural camber in front -1.5 to -2
rear set at around -4

toe set at 0 all around

this photo was before i lowered the front the 1/4in