Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was originally planning to buy a 05 6MT TSX at the end of March but while I was at Acura Columbus a couple days ago they said I would probably have to place an order for one no later than mid-February if I wanted to get one by Easter.

I was going to just show up at the end of the month to see if I could make a deal on one already on the lot but I guess the dealers around here are moving them pretty quickly.

I'm just curious as to how long others have had to wait for their 05 6MT non-navi.

BTW, Acura Columbus sucks. Their sales staff look down on anyone who doesn't look wealthy, they won't deal, and apart from maybe one or two of them don't know the product very well. Lindsay Acura, on the other hand, is much better to deal with; we got my bro's 04TL there. Too bad I live 10 minutes from Acura Columbus and Lindsay is on the opposite end of town! Although, I would still make the drive to get better service.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wavey:

The dealership I got mine from actually had a table of each color combo and dates of when they were expecting to get that combo in. The wait was 2-4 weeks, but it was back in July of '03...

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
Welcome Buckeye! I have an 04, which I ordered and it only took 30 days to get. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What color TSX 6MT are you looking for? Acura Columbus has an overflow lot near Home Depot on Sawmill. They seem to have quite a few TSXs in that lot.
They may have been giving you the line about a long wait just to justify not giving you any type of discount.

I had the same experience with Acura Columbus when I was looking. I dealt with Gary S*** and he was rude and pompus. If I was getting a TSX, I would either go to Lindsay, or at least demand to deal with someone other than Gary.

Another thought... go buy you car from Lindsay. You can still use Acura Columbus for service. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for welcoming me guys!

I'm looking to get a NBP 6MT non-navi. The reasoning Acura Columbus gave me for having to order one was because I wanted a manual. They said they didn't have any at the moment except for the one in the showroom. Funny thing is it is almost exactly the configuration I want: 05 NBP 6MT non-navi A-spec. Although, I don't want the entire A-spec kit, just the suspension; I'm planning to get the EuroR kit and some Advan Kreuzer X's. They seem to refuse to believe that the A-spec suspension can be had seperately, unless Honda changed their minds from a few months ago.

Anyways, I never plan to buy a car from Acura Columbus. It just sucks that out of the 2 dealers in the city they are right next to me. There is a third one about 40 mins north of Columbus in Marion but I think I'd rather just to go Lindsay.

Now if Honda decides to give us PWP with Ebony interior for 06 I'm going to kick myself really hard since that is my first choice. Dang Canadians!! :bawling:

G

·
hey buckeyesi! i am from columbus, ohio too man. i am thinking about buying tsx AT non-navigator(i don't know how to drive MT..haha) in about a month or so...and i thought that i should ask you things so then it will be better for me when i go to dealer in future.
so what was the deal you got from the dealer for tsx? how much you think you can get discount?
what is the acutal price for
tsx? if financing,
what is average interest rate? damn man too many questions huh?
if you can please tell me cuz i want some major discount!! =P i just graduated from ohio state and got a job. so i am
thinking about financing it so you know.. btw, i live near osu and i don't know if i should goto lindsay or somewhere else..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't actually gone to the dealer yet. I'm planning to go in next Friday since my bro is going in for service on that day. I'll probably place my order while I'm there just to be sure I'll have a car by the end of March.

BTW, changed my mind. Going with Carbon Gray with Ebony. The more I looked at the black, the more I realized that it hides the lines of the car too much. Too bad you can't custom order from the factory because I REALLY want Premium White with Ebony interior; I can't stand the parchment interior, otherwise I'd get it in a heartbeat.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ditto...I'm not a fan of parchment... I love ebony though...soooo sexy :nod:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just be glad your in Columbus at all. I went to :bowdown: OSU and just like the alma mater states: "I wanna go back to Ohio State to ole Columbus town, I wanna go back, I gotta go back, to O-HI-O!"

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm from Canada and I had waited 2 months for my car. (Just got it last night!!!)

I had read somewhere that Acura makes 15000 TSX for US and Canada. Out of that 15000 15% of it are MT (2250 cars). Now these 2250 MT TSXs are divided into 5 (the five colours: White, Black, Blue, Red, Silver). Therefore, 450 per colour. If the colour you want is a popular colour in your area you gotta get it NOW! I have one of the 1st 2005 White TSX. Apparently, alot of other dealers were calling my dealer to get my TSX. White is a very popular colour here.

I think whoever wants stick is going to wait a while.

Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUICK QUESTION!!!

You guys in the states dont have White as an option colour?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, the TSX more than surpassed Honda's expectations of 15,000 units per year for 2004, at least in the US:

"The TSX sports sedan, recently named to Car & Driver magazine's 10 Best Cars list, registered 3,004 sales, pushing year-to-date sales to a record 30,365 units, up 59.9 percent over 2003."

So, if 15% of that total were manuals then that would be about 4,554. But, who knows what the final tally was?

As far as colors go, we do get white, but only with parchment interior, unlike Canada which gets ebony interior. That, however, is the color combo I wanted but they don't offer it and I hate the parchment interior so I'll be getting carbon gray with ebony instead.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
^^ yeah... White + ebony is soooo sexy... and we can't have it :bawling:

·
Registered
276 Posts
GFP14 said:
I'm from Canada and I had waited 2 months for my car. (Just got it last night!!!)

I had read somewhere that Acura makes 15000 TSX for US and Canada. Out of that 15000 15% of it are MT (2250 cars). Now these 2250 MT TSXs are divided into 5 (the five colours: White, Black, Blue, Red, Silver). Therefore, 450 per colour. If the colour you want is a popular colour in your area you gotta get it NOW! I have one of the 1st 2005 White TSX. Apparently, alot of other dealers were calling my dealer to get my TSX. White is a very popular colour here.

I think whoever wants stick is going to wait a while.

Good luck!

And I wonder of those numbers how many came with navigation?!?!? Even harder to get!

Are you sure that they the divided the colors up evenly though? My guess would be that they would make the majority in silver, then black, white, and finally blue and red in lesser quantities because of popularity in colors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
^^ yeah... White + ebony is soooo sexy... and we can't have it :bawling:

ARE YOU SERIOUS! NO WHITE WITH EBONY? Do you have white as an option?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey 20seven,

i cant imagine how hard it is to get navi with stick.

i could be wrong about how they divide the cars up in regards to colour. i was just trying to show how many they make in stick...and if youre looking for stick get it while you can. my dealer tried to give me red b/c they had coming in first. but i wanted my white with ebony.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
GFP14 said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS! NO WHITE WITH EBONY? Do you have white as an option?
yes... :bawling:

at least we got red with Ebony this year... only came in Parchment in 04...

·
Registered
67 Posts
you guys got the white...we dont have that dark grey

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
GFP14 said:
you guys got the white...we dont have that dark grey
They've got them for the 05's...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts