any1 got a complete guide on how to change the oil in a tsx? im interested in doing it myself as opposed to shelling out $75 everytime
If you want a complete written guide, go out and get a service manual.
Otherwise, it's not exactly rocket science...
1. Raise up the car using either ramps or jack stands.
2. Using a proper disposal container, remove the drain bolt and drain all the old oil out.
3. After the oil stops draining, replace the drain bolt with a new crush washer. Do not overtighten. If you do not have a torque wrench, tighten until the bolt is snug.
4. Remove the oil filter and allow it to drain into the container as well.
5. Smear a small amount of new oil on the rubber gasket of the new oil filter, then install it. Again, don't overtighten it. Spin it on until the gasket comes into contact with the engine, then tighten it another half turn.
6. Refill the engine with your favorite engine oil. I believe the owner's manual recommends 5W-20 conventional oil. Synthetic and synthetic blend will work great too. Check the owner's manual for the amount to add.
7. Lower the car back down, then start it.
8. Check for any leaks under the car. If there are leaks, stop the engine, raise the car back up, and tighten either the drain bolt or filter. Otherwise, you're done.