Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my oil light has been randomly flickering off and on. However when I look under the hood, I don't notice any oil leak. Whenever the light would come on, I shut down the motor imediately, let in sit for a minute or two and turn it back on with no oil light at all. I just got an oil change last week Thursday. Btw here's some info on my car
K24a2 head with an a4 shortblock with aftermarket rods and 11.1 pistons
Rebuild block with all new rings/seals/ bearings redone crank etc. New k24a2 oil pump. motor has 1163 miles on it while the car has about 155359 miles. I've been doing my regular oil changes ever 500miles due to breaking in process. Original motor was replace due to rod knocking.
I plan on going back to my mechanic this week Tuesday but I wanted to know your guys input on what can be the problem? Thanks

·
-
1,622 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I checked the dipstick and everything checked out fine. I learned the hard way with my first motor so I check at LEAST once a week. The light randomly comes on and just goes off.

·
-
1,622 Posts
Yea I checked the dipstick and everything checked out fine. I learned the hard way with my first motor so I check at LEAST once a week. The light randomly comes on and just goes off.
Well it's good to hear that you have checked the oil level although it's strange you didn't mention that critical point in your 1st post...

Anyway, the next step is connect an oil pressure gauge to the engine to find out what the actual oil pressure is.
Especially at hot idle when the oil is hot & the oil pressure is at it's lowest.

What weight of motor oil are you running? If you are running really thin 0W-20 or something similar & your engine oil pressure is just a little low at hot idle, going to 10W-30, or 10W-40 may increase the oil pressure slightly.

As mentioned in the other thread, when the oil pressure light comes on, it means that the engine oil pressure is critically low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts