Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my plugs yesterday, and notices two of my plugs had oil on them. It wasn't much, maybe a drop worth on each, around the metal collar (don't know what it's called).

So, I don't know if I should be worried about this. Like I said, it wasn't much, but I don't know if it's something to be greatly concerned about at this point.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Were there oil on the ignition coils also?

If anything, I would take a q-tip and swipe around the outer rim of the spark tube. If there's oil, then you have a leak in your spark tube gasket

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I didn't see any on the tubes. Perhaps it didn't make it past the plugs up to the tube. It only got to the metal collar, not past the bolt or anything.
We're talking on top of the plug where it plugs into the coil or down on the plug after the threads?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
The thing about oil on the spark plugs is that the oil will travel from the top down. So for you to have oil on the plugs and not anywhere else is pretty weird. At least this is from my understanding.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a circular part that is between the hex bolt and the threads, the part I referred to as a collar before.
Here

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Oh okay, I see. Yeah, if it's below the hex head when holding it by the porchelin, then yeah, it might be burning oil. Just pull the plug and take a picture and post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts