Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 RSX just turned 150,000 miles and I'm starting to realize it won't last for ever. I just had my car in for service and got a new TSX loaner and really like the car. Just here trying to get some more info on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh man, you're right in my wheelhouse. I had a 2005 RSX Type-S (Blaze Orange, in case you were wondering). I missed that car every day since life's responsibilities forced me to give it up for something bigger. That car was the total package for me... great-looking, great handling, nice power, hatchback flexibility.

I opted for the 6-speed TSX and I can honestly say it has almost completely alleviated my longing for the RSX. I'll always have a place in my heart for the RSX, but the TSX does a great job of capturing the driving experience with the added benefit of two extra doors and a usable back seat.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
^ What he said. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear.

My RSX is a base 5spd stick and any car I buy will have a stick. I drove many cars before I chose my RSX and for the money I couldn't find a better clutch/gear shift setup at the time.

The 6spd TSX should be perfect form me and the extra doors would be great.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
99 Posts
GET AN 06'!! if you want to tune :) or you can spend a butt load on harness adapters, sensors & an 06' ecu :) I've got an 08' and I regret it... could have been 1.5k to modz.... :(

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
i got a base RSX and a TSX, all i can say is that i beat the shit out of my RSX because of gas price. the TSX is for when i know i will be having more than 4 passengers, im trying to keep her cool down because of all the mileage i have stressed her for these past years. :)

but as far as gas mileage goes, the TSX isnt much different than RSX, only 2-3 mpg less compared to RSX

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I think it's time to upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts