Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the market for another TSX. Previous one 2008 was deemed a total loss recently.

I was very happy with 2008 Model. Curious if a 2nd gen may be worth going after this time or keep the same.

My decision on going after 2008 a year ago was based on great reviews. Recently I saw great reviews for a 2010 model.

How do these to gen's compare.

Pocket max is around 10K.

Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like he put some quality parts into that car. Just the fact that the ad is as detailed as it is lends it validity in my eyes. When I am selling, I write my posts like that. When I'm buying, that is the kind of sale post I am looking for. His willingness to put the car on a lift for seriously interested parties is also a plus.

·
Registered
108 Posts
$10,000 for a 2008 TSX 6MT with ~95,000 miles? Wow.

I see it has aftermarket mods for the suspension, CT Icebox, and exhaust, and trim stuff like wind deflectors or spoilers, but one doesn't usually get that value back, yeah? And even outside of that, how is KBB on that car $9000? I took a look and can't make it add up, even with the ZIP code of 95050 for Santa Clara and giving it max value for best condition.

I have a 2007 TSX 6MT with 150K miles that I don't plan to sell but "would listen", and didn't think I'd get more than $7000 for it. Though that is with 50% more mileage on the car, 95,000 isn't exactly "never been driven!" condition, either, and mine has a pretty expensive and awesome sounding audio system upgrade (the main reason I wouldn't want to sell it).

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is an 06 in my neck of the woods... black on black, 6MT, bone stock, 62k on the odometer. Asking price is 8300 firm IIRC. Both that price and 10k for the car in question may be a bit steep, but the 6MT is not easy to come by, low mileage and softly driven 6MT even less so. Niche vehicles that have enthusiast demand rarely have the price correctly reflected by KBB or NADA.

For example, if either of those two cars was an auto I wouldn't even give them a second glance, and I'd expect the asking price to be 2-3k lower.

Edit: link to the one local to me https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-antonio-tsx-acuramiles/6784600778.html
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the owner of this vehicle, and I have not seen it in person.
If anybody too far away to look at it is interested, I would be willing to check it out for you, schedule permitting.

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That all makes sense. How much $ is a clutch replacement in this car and how often given 50/50 city/highway driving.

Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
That all makes sense. How much $ is a clutch replacement in this car and how often given 50/50 city/highway driving.

Thanks!
Manual calls for 9 hours of labor. I did mine and it took longer than that, but I took my time and also replaced some other parts while I had it apart.

As far as how long it'll last - that's totally dependent on the driver. That said, I'm hoping to get at least 75k out of my new clutch and I drive about 75% city 25% highway.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quick answer- no. Stick to a first gen.
Go 2nd gen if you want more more comfort/luxury and a little more mid-range power in stock form, but honestly everyone here will tell you to get 1G. It is the right blend of everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
sonyfever
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing