Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to Autozone, I tried looking for a 90 Degree PCV valve that has both ends of 5/16 for the coolant lines. Unfortunately, there was a couple 90 degree PCV valve but only 1 side has a 5/16 while the other end has a huge hole for 'god knows what'.

So anyway, i instead bought a straight line 5/16 valve that should hopefully work with the coolant lines, what do you guys think of me using this Straight setup VS a 90 degree PCV valve? to me, it should work the same, but just want your opinions on this. thanks! (Also bought Vaccum caps to cover the TB).

Also, Ive seen pictures of this mod being done on an 04-05, was wondering what the differences will be on an 06 since i realize the lines are a little different where they go onto the TB. For my 06, The lines are right next to each other on top of the TB. for the 04-05, it appears one of the lines are on top while the other one is hiding under the TB?

both are size 5/16, Straight Valve on the left, Vaccum Cap on the right

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
you have an 06. You do not need to buy anything to do the TB bypass if i recall correctly. only 04-05's do

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it might look prettier i guess. benefits are purely cosmetic if any.
excuse me for 'noob' questions, but why does the coolant get hot for 04-05 and not for 06-08? for all the years, isnt the coolant lines going through the TB which passes heat in and out of the TB?

if so, why does 06-08 not need this mod? im just a little confused At the moment

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
you can still do the mod for 06-08 (i did it), you just dont need to buy what you bought. you only buy stuff like that for 04-05 people who want to do the bypass

·
-
1,593 Posts
you have an 06. You do not need to buy anything to do the TB bypass if i recall correctly. only 04-05's do

Exactly... Just unplug the upper hose that goes to the throttle body (at the TB end) & plug it directly into the lower coolant return pipe.
I left the one hose just hanging & put a small rubber cap on the open fitting.

Make sure the engine is cold, you will lose a little bit of coolant just have a rag underneath to absorb it while you have the hoses off.

I've had my TB bypassed for over a year. No issues at all in the cold winter we had here & we use the car alot in the winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts