Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's the name of the place I used when I had my wife’s 05 TSX emission tested.

Pronto Auto Markham
5833 Hwy #7 East
Markham, Ont
ph: 905 294-9476
fx: 905 294-3383
[email protected]

They used the "new" drive clean process; all in all the test took no more than 5 - 7 minutes. I sat down picked up a magazine and even before I was done "flipping the pages" the car was ready.

They test the idle emissions and ensure the car isn't flashing any CEL codes.

I don't remember the cost but it was something like ($35) I could be wrong but it was considerably cheaper than the old system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oil changers are good.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I went to a place called Quantor Auto Inc. Their address is 11 Heritage Road, Unit #2, Markham, Ontario, L3P 1M3. Their number is 905-201-8000. It's across the street from 360 if you know where that is.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Drive clean tests are all at a fixed price, $35.00, govened by the Province. Since the beginning of this year the test only involves hooking up to the Engine diagnostic port. Had mine done a couple of weeks ago at Oil changers. I was in/out in 10 minutes.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
Drive clean tests are all at a fixed price, $35.00, govened by the Province. Since the beginning of this year the test only involves hooking up to the Engine diagnostic port. Had mine done a couple of weeks ago at Oil changers. I was in/out in 10 minutes.
So no tail pipe sniffers?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
... so if someone is running a test pipe, has no check engine lights, technically they pass?

·
Registered
657 Posts
... so if someone is running a test pipe, has no check engine lights, technically they pass?
See that I am not 100% sure about, because I've been hearing mixed things as well on a few people having test pipes. My shop has told me that with a test pipe, you should be able to pass this new test...then again I've read the opposite first hand. So who to believe I am not sure.

I'm sure there are some tuner friendly Drive Clean shops that can "aid" in the new system though.

Mike, I assume your due for an emissions test?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Doesn't the ECU get readings from the O2 sensor that goes into your cat/test pipe? As long as those readings pass, you should be good. The problem is, those readings usually don't pass when you have a high flow cat or test pipe. I don't think we're getting away with anything when they do the test through the OBDII port.

If anything you could always try a drive clean test with your test pipe and see if you pass. If you don't, just throw your stock cat back on and retest. The test is only $35 each time and I think retests are only $17.50.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I thought I'd bump this because I don't know about some of you guys but I tend to go on JDMRides from time to time, and I'm seeing all these ricers putting a petition together trying to actually get rid of the Drive Clean test...

Am I only one who thinks this is absolutely stupid?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.