Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Its going to give you more power, and lower your MPG. Its a smaller gear than stock.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
That kind of final drive would most likely put you at/over 4k rpms at 60mph. The ITR is definitely better suited to that with the B18 but I don't think you'd need that on the torquier TSX especially if it's a daily.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I havent seen anyone use it with TSX gearing.. I think it would be equivalent to having K20a2/z1/z3 gearing with a 4.7 final drive. I would go for it.. Higher final drive makes more torque.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If you don't like shifting considerably more, don't bother. On the flip side, driving is definitely more fun with some nice pick-up in the lower range. It's about 3500rpm at 75mph/120kmh, mileage cost is only about 5-10% less, due to city driving. Highway (mpg) driving is almost the same as stock.

One thing to note, your speedo will be off by a significant margin (10%), so you will need to buy something like a Dakota Digital unit to correct it.

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
I would rather drop in a 4.3 to lower cruising rpm... maybe even a 4.0 from club rsx!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would rather drop in a 4.3 to lower cruising rpm... maybe even a 4.0 from club rsx!
I wouldn't do that to a the car if your not making big power. A lower final drive helps with traction but not if you have a stock or mildly built motor. 4.0 is way to low especially for N/A 6speeds. It would be better on a 5speed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you don't like shifting considerably more, don't bother. On the flip side, driving is definitely more fun with some nice pick-up in the lower range. It's about 3500rpm at 75mph/120kmh, mileage cost is only about 5-10% less, due to city driving. Highway (mpg) driving is almost the same as stock.

One thing to note, your speedo will be off by a significant margin (10%), so you will need to buy something like a Dakota Digital unit to correct it.

Seems like this could be a bit of a headache going to 5.06. I love the idea of better acceleration but not sure if it would be worth messing with my speedo/odometer readings.

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
Seems like this could be a bit of a headache going to 5.06. I love the idea of better acceleration but not sure if it would be worth messing with my speedo/odometer readings.
How do you know this is the case? Did you check where the VSS is? There might not be any adjustment.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts

The speedometer reading does not change from switching out your final drive.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
The speedometer reading does not change from switching out your final drive.
Sadly, you'll have to tell that to my speedometer.

I'm pretty sure the speedo diff is covered in a couple ClubRSX/K20a threads and even over in the 8thGenCivic forums.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts