Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I’m new here, and new to tuning Hondas really. So about a couple weeks back I dropped some stage 1 skunk2 cams in my 05 TSX (k24a2) and she’s running very lean now. Makes sense. Should’ve thought about a tune before I drop the cams in, but I did order a Hondata flash Pro from proimporttuners.com. What I did not realize, is at the bottom of the page, they state that you need to purchase a 07-08 Acura TSX ECU for this flashpro. Does anybody have any experience with this, and if I try to use the Hondata flash pro that I’ve ordered, will it work with my 05 TSX ecu? I really don’t understand why they are advertising this Hondata flashpro for 04-06 applications, but then at the bottom of the page say you have to buy an 07-08 ECU. Pretty sure that makes it for 07-08 applications 🙄. PS- The vehicle is an automatic transmission… For now. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
-
1,646 Posts
Reactions: PleasurePK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update
For anyone wondering - I did a little more research (asking around) and confirmed - the Hondata flashpro sold on proimporttuners.com for the 04-06 TSX will in fact require an 07-08 ECU swap. Reason being is, Acura did not make these ECUs writable (from 04-06). You can apparently send your ecu off somewhere to reprogram it to make it writeable, but I dunno about all that jazz.
so, looks like I’ll be ordering an ECU 🙄

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
101 Posts
Yeah saddly the 04 - 06 cars are locked and it is a hassle. Makes it like a 1000$ job to tune the car... Not fun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah saddly the 04 - 06 cars are locked and it is a hassle. Makes it like a 1000$ job to tune the car... Not fun.
yeah it’s a bummer. I mean, I ordered an 07 ECU from LKQonline for $160. So, with the Hondata flashpro - I guess youre Right. About $1000... 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
-
1,646 Posts
So the bad news, you have a auto trans 1st gen TSX.
The good news, a 2007-08 auto trans TSX ECU is super cheap and readily available.
Totally unlike a manual trans 2007-08 TSX ECU.

Make sure you check your new ECU for corrosion on the circuit board.
Open it up and examine it closely when you get it.

Not sure why you both are saying that the 2004-06 TSX ECU's can't be programmed. Simply not true.
There are several options other than FlashPro for these ECU's.

Reactions: Notsomastertech

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the bad news, you have a auto trans 1st gen TSX.
The good news, a 2007-08 auto trans TSX ECU is super cheap and readily available.
Totally unlike a manual trans 2007-08 TSX ECU.

Make sure you check your new ECU for corrosion on the circuit board.
Open it up and examine it closely when you get it.

Not sure why you both are saying that the 2004-06 TSX ECU's can't be programmed. Simply not true.
There are several options other than FlashPro for these ECU's.
Thanks for the insight! Can you please share those options with me? Very curious to know what I can do to program these outside of switching ecu out. As far as I knew they are locked...?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the insight! Can you please share those options with me? Very curious to know what I can do to program these outside of switching ecu out. As far as I knew they are locked...?
The only viable reflash option these days is through Hondata. You may be able to find a local Hondata reflash dealer that can do it for you. Check out the link below.

The only problem with your setup is that the reflash won’t take cams into account. The reflash is only good for I/H/E bolt-on’s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only viable reflash option these days is through Hondata. You may be able to find a local Hondata reflash dealer that can do it for you. Check out the link below.

The only problem with your setup is that the reflash won’t take cams into account. The reflash is only good for I/H/E bolt-on’s.

yeah I considered that - but just as you said, I have other mods that the reflash won’t take into account. That said - I ordered an 07 ECM and I’ve setup an appt. at my local Acura dealer to have the immobilizer and all that programmed. Hondata tuner has already arrived.... should be back up and running in a few weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Some images of the ‘05 ECU coming out and the ‘07 ECU going in. Waiting for the manifold to show up so I can get the engine components put back together. (Cams are already in). New Injectors and throttle body seen here too (awaiting manifold for install).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts