Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jon Daily Boulevard
5,554 Posts
How many miles?
In MOST cases it can be a faulty thermostat which is easily replaceable. But it can be other things as well. Such as a faulty fan switch or fan relay or fan fuse or water pump, etc.

When does it mostly occur?

BTW, this is posted in the wrong section. Post in problems and fixes and you will get more replies. :)

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
How many miles?
In MOST cases it can be a faulty thermostat which is easily replaceable. But it can be other things as well. Such as a faulty fan switch or fan relay or fan fuse or water pump, etc.

When does it mostly occur?

BTW, this is posted in the wrong section. Post in problems and fixes and you will get more replies. :)
What this guy said. Welcome to the forum btw.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's fairly common for the radiator fan switch connector to become corroded on the TSX and is the most likely culpirit.. It is located on the rearward lower drivers side of the radiator. A new one is $12 on Rockauto (before shipping).

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you've done anything with the cooling system like adding coolant when the levels were low, maybe there's an air pocket somewhere.

This happened when I took off the TB on my TL to clean it, and it almost overheated once because it sucked up some air when I started the car. I just turned the car on with the reservoir cap off and watched the temp. Went away after that, never over heated again.

It is more likely that its what others have said it is, but its still an option to check, if all else fails.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The fan switch on the bottom of the radiator driver side also tripped a code. I don't think my car actually had any overheating problems though. I have an 06.

So I'd look at the thermostat first. ^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.