Acura TSX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Eh ... Try to go to a junkyard and get a few OEM off of a wrecked TSX if you can. I say this because once you buy an OEM sensor from mostly anywhere it's hard to return them. Some places allow you to do so within a certain time frame and some places not at all. So check out a junkyard first. Each car is different so who knows. But if you have an extra 130 laying around and can live with the pressure sensor potentially not being the problem after switching them out then go for it 🤷🏾‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, Donnell. Yeah, changing the pressure switches is clearly not the sure-fire answer to the flashing D that some on the web say it is. But only other suggestion we've received from mechanics is to get a new transmission, so $130 sounds like a deal in comparison. So it might be worth trying.

I'm confused though - how many pressure switches are there on the transmission?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got it, thanks.
In the 5 years you've been dealing with this, has your transmission continued to work fine? And P0705 is the only code?
Also curious to know about how many miles you've driven with the flashing D.
Frustrating!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gents,

I'm in the same boat, 2004 TSX, 275k on the odometer and pulling the same P0705 trouble code, with an occasional blinking D3, more like an intermittent quick flashing D3. Certainly following this thread.

I appreciate all your work, Donnell. Your YT videos are super helpful.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Gents,

I'm in the same boat, 2004 TSX, 275k on the odometer and pulling the same P0705 trouble code, with an occasional blinking D3, more like an intermittent quick flashing D3. Certainly following this thread.

I appreciate all your work, Donnell. Your YT videos are super helpful.

Cheers,
Mike
(y)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts