Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2005 tsx with 105,000 miles and I keep getting the CEL. It only comes on about once a month and i'm averaging about 270 miles until my gas light turns on. When I purchased my TSX it came with a knock off cold air intake. Intimidator is the brand of the CAI. It appears to have been modified to fit. The weird thing is when I turn the ignition off, the throttle body clicks twice. Has anybody else experienced this problem. The car seems to take off pretty fast when put in drive without acceleration but the idle isn't high. I've never had a 4 cylinder vehicle so I'm not sure how it should be running. Any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be an o2 sensor, vacuum leak, faulty fuel pump, bad injector.

System lean is a vague code without doing more diag youd just be wasting money throwing parts on.
Searching other forums, I've found out that it is a truly a vague code :( I guess the best thing to do is take it in to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Searching other forums, I've found out that it is a truly a vague code :( I guess the best thing to do is take it in to the dealer.
You could go to an auto store that will scan using a full featured scanner, it will be able to read all the sensors live and tell you if one of them isnt working. Or if there is a missfire due to an injector etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could go to an auto store that will scan using a full featured scanner, it will be able to read all the sensors live and tell you if one of them isnt working. Or if there is a missfire due to an injector etc.
I didn't know there are auto stores that could do that. I've been to Autozone and O'Reilly's when the cel is on but all that their scanners can do is tell me the code. Do you know of any auto stores that have a full featured scanner in Houston? Or any reputable Acura mechanics?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worst case scenario pay a shop the 1hour for diag. Then fix it yourself.
I have took my tsx to a shop. They charged me 100 dollars an hour. All they did was retrieve the code and then they wanted to start a step by step diagnosis starting with the fuel pump. I don't think they had a full featured scanner. :-( the last thing I can think of is taking it to the dealership so they can check it out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have took my tsx to a shop. They charged me 100 dollars an hour. All they did was retrieve the code and then they wanted to start a step by step diagnosis starting with the fuel pump. I don't think they had a full featured scanner. :-( the last thing I can think of is taking it to the dealership so they can check it out.
You took it to a bad shop and wasted time and money then.
Im a tech for GM and we charge a flat diag fee. Thats how it works. You pay the fee, we tell you whatto fix. You can either then pay us to do the work or leave.
We have GM specific diag equipment and then we have things like snap on ethos scanner to pull other specific vehicle codes.

I would have a huge problem paying for something that any advance auto, pep boys, autozone, does for free. Not to mention if they were going to dive straight to fuel pump without having a clue why there headed in that direction in the first place.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry Evan , it's tough to say without the proper scan tool . You need to see if the o2 sensors are reading correctly. When I had this problem I used a scan tool from advanced auto and found that my bank 1 sensor was faulty . But do not throw pars at it to "fix" the problem, bring it to a shop that has the right tools if need be

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.