Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Evening all, I'm new to this forum. The dealer is no help so I came in seek of help. I have a 2004 tsx with a P0741 code. I need help finding the true ohm value for the TCC solenoid (Linear solenoid A, up top of the trans. Part number#28250-RPC-003) and the lower solenoid's true ohm value (part# 28260-PRP-014). I've already "drain&filled" the trans fluid(DW1) once and replaced the external filter. pulled both solenoids to clean the "filter/screen". I've tested the 2 solenoids for the "clicking" and took an ohm read of 6.2-7.0 ohms just to take notes. I've been told a few different ohm values but nobody is certain.

TIA for the community's help!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Neither the code nor the part are listed in the 2004 - 2008 Service Manual. It may be part of a larger assembly that has to be replaced. Can you provide a pic of the part?

·
Registered
307 Posts
That helps. They are called A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valves A and B in the service manual. The resistance readings between terminals 1 and 2 are "Standard: 3-10 Ω " for both valves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That helps. They are called A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valves A and B in the service manual. The resistance readings between terminals 1 and 2 are "Standard: 3-10 Ω " for both valves.
Does that standard also include the singular solenoid that sit atop of the trans?

-Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just reviewed the manual and see what you mean. Let me clarify.

The single solenoid on top of the transmission is the A solenoid (3-10 ohms).

On the side of the transmission are 2 solenoids, B and C. B (3-10 ohms) is the bottom of the 2 solenoids (below C). If B is out of standard you replace both B and C. There is no standard given for C.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Miles on the trans? Have you run any sort of live data to see engine rpm vs input shaft speed when tcc is off vs. on?

What about line pressure? Though, In my opinion the tq converter would fail before the oil pump. One of the downsides of this type of trans is the valve body. If the solenoids are working fine and the tq converter is fine, the valve body could be suspect and if you have to get it apart, you’re in rebuild territory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts