Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem comes and goes, and lately its been happening a lot more. I've just been restarting the car to reset the ecm and its worked. I have also noticed first gear has gotten a little "jerky" from stops and turns. So i've been doing some searching and it could either be the TPS or APP. Has anyone experienced this? yes i do have a 2004.

the actual code description is: Throttle/Pedal Position sensor/switch "D"/"E" voltage correlation

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
This problem comes and goes, and lately its been happening a lot more. I've just been restarting the car to reset the ecm and its worked. I have also noticed first gear has gotten a little "jerky" from stops and turns. So i've been doing some searching and it could either be the TPS or APP. Has anyone experienced this? yes i do have a 2004.

the actual code description is: Throttle/Pedal Position sensor/switch "D"/"E" voltage correlation
Do you have kpro or flash pro? You need to have a scanner that can read TPS readings, as you step on the petal you should have a smooth 0-100% reading, if it jerks around and is not completely smooth, you will need a entirely new throttle body since honda does not sell them separately.

·
Triple Platinum Member
598 Posts
I just replaced my APP!

The sensor was degraded in the pedal position for highway cruising. It felt like loss of power or light braking followed by surging. There was significant slack in the throttle cable.

I monitored Absolute TPS over OBDII, and saw the throttle jumping between 17 and 21%.

I got he car going about 60 and set cruise control, and the engine was smooth. This pretty much narrowed it down to the APP and not the TB.

I replaced the sensor and adjusted the cable. Now it's very smooth and responsive!

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
I just replaced my APP!

The sensor was degraded in the pedal position for highway cruising. It felt like loss of power or light braking followed by surging. There was significant slack in the throttle cable.

I monitored Absolute TPS over OBDII, and saw the throttle jumping between 17 and 21%.

I got he car going about 60 and set cruise control, and the engine was smooth. This pretty much narrowed it down to the APP and not the TB.

I replaced the sensor and adjusted the cable. Now it's very smooth and responsive!
Were you getting any codes? I have the same symptoms but no codes. The jerky throttle happens at all speeds and non existent with the cruise on.

Notice any change in MPG?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Mine just threw a code and engine light with the same symptoms, p2101 which is throttle actuator motor performance I'm hoping that doesn't mean I need a new throttle body, I'm gonna look up an app sensor as well

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
i had a check engine the came on yesterday and i check it today and sure enough it was P2138.looks like im going to have to replace the APP sensor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had this last year, i replaced the APp sensor and it was still there. Turned out to be a bad TPS sensor. I have a APP sensor for sale, brand new if anyone's interested!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had this last year, i replaced the APp sensor and it was still there. Turned out to be a bad TPS sensor. I have a APP sensor for sale, brand new if anyone's interested!
Are you positive it was a P2138 and not with any other codes? Because i just replaced my APP sensor today and the acceleration pedal is much more accurate. :007:

·
Registered
41 Posts
lol i'm sure, trust me. It threw two codes, both pointed to the APP sensor, one saying low voltage and i forgot what the other indicated. I asked around several dealerships. APP sensor was the textbook answer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts