Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an idea last night and once I had a few hours of free time today I made it happen. Actually it's not paint, it's 5 coats of Plasti-Dip, can be peeled if I don't like it. But I do like it, it kinda adds the look of a lower lip without the cost. Gives the red reflectors and exhaust some contrast too, and blends well with the black trim and emblem.

I've done the same to 2 other cars in the past and the PD holds up great even after years. Getting it clean and straight is another issue, but I've gotten pretty good at it. The trick is, draw a line with a piece of pinstripe, then tape everything off, then PD, then once dry cut on the pinstripe where the PD meets the tape (this way the PD won't tear when the tape is removed, nor will the razor cut into your paint), then remove tape, there you go.

Anyhow here are some pictures:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Saw a guy do this near my neighborhood with his TSX. He also painted the fog light area in the front to look like the Aspec fog covers in a way. Looks neat but IMO I would just wait for the kit, but it looks good for the time being.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I considered doing the front as well but didn't find a good line to work from. With the TSX it's natural because there's that beveled area where the diffusers/exhaust tips are.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i've been thinking about doing something similar... reminds me of the bwm 3xxi m-sport rear bumper treatment...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.