Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this is the same for 1st gen and 2nd gen so might as well post it here since people visit the 1st gen side more :laugh:

our dipsticks are orange, which is ugly as hell :squint: i have a huge can of black spray paint left over from summer when i spray painted an extra set of emblem to black as a small test project. i am wondering if i can use the same ones for the dipstick? i forgot the brand of it but its primer + paint all in one can.

question is....can i jsut use that to paint the dipstick? or do i need engine paint or high heat paint for it?

also...do i have to do it like my emblem, where i have to sand it first then paint?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
I used high temp flat black on mine but honestly any paint should work. I always sand down the plastic a little bit before painting it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thanks ink :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i used a non high temp flat black spray paint and its been good for almost a year now. make sure to tape up the parts you dont want painted such as the little o-rings and metal rod itself.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used a non high temp flat black spray paint and its been good for almost a year now. make sure to tape up the parts you dont want painted such as the little o-rings and metal rod itself.
:thumbsup:

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
Don't paint the part that goes into the dipstick hole. It won't fit if the paint is too thick.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Don't paint the part that goes into the dipstick hole. It won't fit if the paint is too thick.
That just sounds naughty. With a little lube, anything will fit.:leghump:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts