Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I hope not to get bashed on this question. I was thiniking of painting my TL TYPE S wheels to a different color. I had in mind doing gold or ?

What you guys think? Should just leave it the way it is or paint them? Or should i sell them and get something different.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The great thing about paint is if you don't like it you can always paint them a different color. I say do what ya want. Just make sure to do your prep work and fill in any nicks or chips and do the best job you can. If you need a few pointers let me know. I have painted mine and few other sets and am getting ready to spray mine again here soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i think the majority of folks on here will say keep the OEM finish. with that being said, i think white would be a good color since you have a red tsx.
It depends on the finish the wheels have. If they are in perfect glossy condition, then I might have second thoughts. Mostly because I would love a set.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The great thing about paint is if you don't like it you can always paint them a different color. I say do what ya want. Just make sure to do your prep work and fill in any nicks or chips and do the best job you can. If you need a few pointers let me know. I have painted mine and few other sets and am getting ready to spray mine again here soon.

Thanks a bunch man! I was thinking of doing a plasti spray? I was using it on a couple of things and this shit si awesome! So easy to use and it comes off pretty easy if you dont like it (lazy way) But i have never really painted rims ever so i would need pointers

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Do it yourself. I'm sure you or a buddy has basic tools. All you need is probably a spring compressor that you can rent from autozone or other parts stores. There are DIY on the site. Same with the wheels. Check out duplicolor and on YouTube. There is a lot of info out there on how to paint wheels.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do it yourself. I'm sure you or a buddy has basic tools. All you need is probably a spring compressor that you can rent from autozone or other parts stores. There are DIY on the site. Same with the wheels. Check out duplicolor and on YouTube. There is a lot of info out there on how to paint wheels.

Going to check it out, My friend is saying that its dangerous as **** doing it on your own. Thats the only reason why i am a bit shooked doing it :(

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If you know how to use a ratchet, and jack up a car you can lower it in a day. There is no danger?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,413 Posts
just be careful with the spring compressor and you'll be fine. compressed spring unloaded on any part of your body is going to be painful.

if you are REALLY scared of using a spring compressor, save up and get a full on coilover that has the top hat already installed. suspension installs aren't as hard as you would think

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just be careful with the spring compressor and you'll be fine. compressed spring unloaded on any part of your body is going to be painful.

if you are REALLY scared of using a spring compressor, save up and get a full on coilover that has the top hat already installed. suspension installs aren't as hard as you would think
Yeah i am all freaked out about the spring shooting out my car and crap! Should i try this with my dirt bike helmet and pads ;-D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.