Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
yes, i am a bitch
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawling: ...paper jammed in my printer...so tried to take the paper out...but i guess is too early in the morning, i turned my printer OFF...and i lost all my work that was done which i didn't save... :bawling:
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
It is ok... don't worry, it happens. ;)

It just happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was writing a macro (I think about 40 pages long). Did not save the file before I went to lunch. Was a lucky day that the system admin came in for some maintainence. File gone bye bye when he restart the system.

so, I guess you will be busy today :mecry:
 

·
yes, i am a bitch
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SAZABI said:
It is ok... don't worry, it happens. ;)

It just happened to me 2 weeks ago. I was writing a macro (I think about 40 pages long). Did not save the file before I went to lunch. Was a lucky day that the system admin came in for some maintainence. File gone bye bye when he restart the system.

so, I guess you will be busy today :mecry:
40 pages!! i only had 9 pages...
 

·
yes, i am a bitch
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SAZABI said:
but... how come you turn printer off and you lost the document?
isn't that still on the computer?
too early in the morning law! :D ...no...all different docs... :bawling:
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
:nono: coffee is your best friend today. Don't sleep when you drive home... very danger...

I know someone who fell into sleep while driving on a highway... now, she has to sit on a wheel chair for the rest of her life. 1/2 of her body ( I can't remember left or right) can not move...
I hope that scares you to keep you awake when you driving~
 

·
yes, i am a bitch
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SAZABI said:
:nono: coffee is your best friend today. Don't sleep when you drive home... very danger...

I know someone who fell into sleep while driving on a highway... now, she has to sit on a wheel chair for the rest of her life. 1/2 of her body ( I can't remember left or right) can not move...
I hope that scares you to keep you awake when you driving~
i have a black coffee every morning...doesn't do me any good...it is hard not to fall asleep...

wa! poor girl...
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
At least you weren't working on a 120 page document for a client and all of a sudden MS Word pops up: "Word has experienced a critical error! Hit OK and lose all your work that you did all day!!" Not exactly those words, but that's what it was trying to say.. :mad:
 

·
yes, i am a bitch
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
At least you weren't working on a 120 page document for a client and all of a sudden MS Word pops up: "Word has experienced a critical error! Hit OK and lose all your work that you did all day!!" Not exactly those words, but that's what it was trying to say.. :mad:
o...that is worst than sazabi!!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Zigen said:
o...that is worst than sazabi!!
Yah...happened like a few months into my current job (early/mid last year)
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
At least you weren't working on a 120 page document for a client and all of a sudden MS Word pops up: "Word has experienced a critical error! Hit OK and lose all your work that you did all day!!" Not exactly those words, but that's what it was trying to say.. :mad:
OUCH! no recovery?
that's gonna hurt... I can't imagine working on a 120 page document....
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
SAZABI said:
OUCH! no recovery?
that's gonna hurt... I can't imagine working on a 120 page document....
Actually...the document was nearly finished when it was my turn to add my stuff to it... The worst part was all my editing was all over the document... Not just one section. And no, none of it was recovered so I had to go through the whole document and try to remember everything I had made changes to.... :mad:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Zigen said:
so...you actually did a 240 pages document..
Oh no.... It was probably at like 90 pages when I got the document... I just added enough to make it 120 pages... But Word decided to turn it back into a 90 page document to **** with me... :mad:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
It wouldn't have been bad if it was the last 30 so pages of info that I lost...it was losing all the places where I added text and changed around wording, etc..which was ALL over the document.. :mad:
 

·
yes, i am a bitch
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
Oh no.... It was probably at like 90 pages when I got the document... I just added enough to make it 120 pages... But Word decided to turn it back into a 90 page document to **** with me... :mad:
wow! 30 pages of editing...
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Zigen said:
wow! 30 pages of editing...
Yup...that's what you get when you have clients who can't make up their friggen minds!! :mad:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top