Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with my battery going dead on a regular basis which has been getting progressively worse. Battery and alternator tested fine, so I started pulling fuses and found that a 10A fuse #15 labeled "Back Up" was drawing about 380mA. Now the problem is, I have no idea what Back Up is supposed to be. It seems to have disabled all electrical devices until the ignition is turned on. Any idea what component might be causing the drain? Anyone have a wiring diagram related to this fuse?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you need to disable the hood sensor to get a read on the ampmeter? And how long do you have to wait until you get get a sleep mode amp read? thank you very much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having exactly the same problem with TSX 2013 except that draw is 2.5 amp. I've tested all fuses (under hood, driver and passenger side) and it appears that only removing the fuse #15 "back up" reduces the draw.
Which components are attached to this fuse and how can I test them? Where are the connections for these components located? Which one is most likely to go bad?
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s telling me check charging system, but my battery is only a few months old. And they said my alternator is fine. I had it checked at Autozone. Can someone tell me where the handsfree module located.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been having issues with my battery going dead on a regular basis which has been getting progressively worse. Battery and alternator tested fine, so I started pulling fuses and found that a 10A fuse #15 labeled "Back Up" was drawing about 380mA. Now the problem is, I have no idea what Back Up is supposed to be. It seems to have disabled all electrical devices until the ignition is turned on. Any idea what component might be causing the drain? Anyone have a wiring diagram related to this fuse?
Backup is the power going to your radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts