Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm started work on getting smoked tails. I only finished the taillights thats on the trunk itself. I'll finish work on the rest tomrorow. Let me know what you think. It slightly reduce the amount of light given off but nothing too dramatic. Probably Illegal too.....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Its a Different look, personally not my style...but it is defenutly interesting, and hey its ur car if u love it thats all that matters...Good Job w/ the Tint though

·
Registered
97 Posts
GooD Job...But Really Did Nothing for the Car, Takes way from the style....sorry

·
Registered
60 Posts
cool, how'd you do it?

btw guys he hasn't finished yet - he said in his post that he will finish the outer lights soon too.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
i think it looks good, once its done it will look better/complete.:cool:

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
I think it looks good, although looking at it, it is kinds dull, not sure if i like that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chris_F said:
cool, how'd you do it?

btw guys he hasn't finished yet - he said in his post that he will finish the outer lights soon too.
its just left over tint, I ran out of tint and time yesterday so couldn't finish the side.

I got my front underbody spoiler in today so I'm going to spend my evening putting that baby on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlackTSX said:
I think it looks good, although looking at it, it is kinds dull, not sure if i like that.
Yeah my girl told me the lights look dull and old, so I guess I'll pull the tint off it or find glossier tint. Might finish the sides just to see what everything look like tho.

·
Registered
35 Posts
btw, i just got a tsx and what kind of rear underbody spoiler is that...with the reflectors and ish...

·
Respect!!!
279 Posts
Looks cool but odd....I would definitely finish the job...

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
sorry but not a fan :(

just buy some spray tint and "haze" the reverse lights to "smoked"

leave the red....red

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-phase- said:
the lights are a security feature..so why make them harder to see? might as well take out the bulbs too :nervous:
security feature, you're kidding me right? The factory keyless entry is a joke of a security feature. No shock sensor, no glass break sensor, if some1 wanted to break in, they can do it very easily without setting the alarm off.

But you're right, It slightly reduce the amount of light but as you can see in the last picture it doesn't eliminate the light output. Still probably dangerous if I was driving in a down pour. I was just playing around with the extra tint I had after tinting my car. If I was really going to tint my tails I would use 55-35% tint and NOT 15-20% tint. I wasn't really planning to keep the tails tinted. Don't need to see :police: in my rear view mirror because of this. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
lol sorry wrong word..i meant safety..not security..haha

i think 55-35% would look nice..but the one in right now is too dark

its awesome that ur experimenting with this so we know what it would look like!

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
hzm82 said:
security feature, you're kidding me right? The factory keyless entry is a joke of a security feature. No shock sensor, no glass break sensor, if some1 wanted to break in, they can do it very easily without setting the alarm off.

But you're right, It slightly reduce the amount of light but as you can see in the last picture it doesn't eliminate the light output. Still probably dangerous if I was driving in a down pour. I was just playing around with the extra tint I had after tinting my car. If I was really going to tint my tails I would use 55-35% tint and NOT 15-20% tint. I wasn't really planning to keep the tails tinted. Don't need to see :police: in my rear view mirror because of this. :laugh:

by "altering" & covering your taillights with tint EVENTHOUGH the light is visible if your in a rear end collision your insurance could still drop you since you hindered the DOT approved setup

just food for thought.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts