Acura TSX Forum banner

Parting Out My Tsx! Many Things For Sale!!

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  tony 
#1 ·
Getting rid of the TSX soon, so its time to part out the car with whatever parts I do have.

Brand New
- Kenstyle bodykit - $2000 (local buyer preferred)
- Comptech Short-Throw Shifter - $50shipped
- Comptech Rear-Sway Bar - $110shipped
- Hondata Heatshield Gasket - $50shipped

Used
- Tein Coilovers - $975 + s/h (been on car for 1 month)
- AEM Short-Ram Intake (red) - $200shipped (been on car for 3 months)
- JDM DC5R Red Valve Cover - $120shipped (been on car for 3 months)
- JDM DC5R Spark Plug Cover - $30shiped (been on car for 3 months)
- OEM AllWeather Rubber Mats - $80shipped (been in car for 2 months)
- Comptech Polished Oil Cap ($25shipped) (been on car for 3 months)

Pics are available on request.

I am located in Suffolk County, NY (long island) and prefer local buyers, but shipping is okay. The only thing that might be a problem with shipping is the bodykit, because UPS won't do it, and I don't know any trucking company.

Anyways, if you are interested in anything please either Post here, PM me, or email me at illegalakkord@aol.com

Thanks!
- Najeeb

See less See more
#4 ·
beatbox: coilovers condition is great, only been on the car for a month, i doubt that they're even fully broken in yet.

tsx r us: i dont know if i should post a link or not, but i made a thread explaining why on the "other" board, as you guys like to call it hehe..

#6 ·
Here you go fella's, copy n pasted from the "other side" hehe.

Here's an explanation as to why i'm getting rid of my TSX.

First off, let me just say that its a great car, I like it a lot, but I REALLY need something faster.

I'm looking into the following cars:

- BMW 330i (w/performance package)
- Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T (yes i know its slower in stock form, but there's a really nice turbo upgrade kit for it, that will put me into the 300whp range, and its not too expensive)
- Acura CL-S (6mt)
- Lancer Evolution VIII

Now before you guys make your comments, one thing that you guys should know about me is that I LOVE modifying cars, I don't think I will ever have a car and keep it stock hehe. So w/the cars I just listed, i've researched their aftermarket support, and am now just trying to decide which one will work best for me.

Again the TSX is a great car, i love everything about it, i just wish it had some more power tho..

Sure I could make it fast, but in the long run i'd spend a lot more money to make it go fast, when I could have spent less money and made another car go even faster, ya kno?

Well anyways, i think that kinda xplains why i'm selling the TSX. I'm gonna go put on my flame suit and get ready for all your responses

#9 ·
NocturnalTSX said:
.....Just out of curiousity, why do you say don't get an Audi? Do they have a bad rep or something?
You puttin' us on? :D

In case you care about "reliability," Audi's reliability has been terrible, just utterly terrible. Rumor has it that this has been improving, but still, it's not good. For example, in Consumer Reports, every Audi model that has qualified for a reliability rating in the last couple of years has gotten a poor rating. I don't have the issues from the prior couple of years handy, but I think the ratings then were even worse.

You might want to do a search on "Audi" and "reliability" on the various TSX forums. What you'll find is a lot of stuff bearing this out, and also some references to what they've been saying on Audi forums, which includes more of the same in addition to the expected fanboy stuff.

#12 ·
just wondering if u still have the Comptech Rear-Sway Bar for sell ?? ~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.